Les Miles Video after an OSU loss last year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MarineTiger, Jun 7, 2005.

1. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

I love it. I can't help but think Miles is the perfect match for Tiger Stadium. He seems like a great motivator and Tiger Stadium is incredible if you can get your team to feed off of the great atmosphere. Miles seems like the type of coach who will have his team motivated and ready to run through brick walls, and a raucous home crowd can intensify that even more. I would love to see us extend our home winning streak to two full years. What are we at now? 10 straight at home?

Saban sometimes said the players were under less pressure away from Tiger Stadium, I really hope that changes. Miles seems like he will embrace it. Of course, there is the danger of playing up and down if your team is too emotional, but I believe a happy medium can be acheived. Bottom line is I think Tiger Stadium is an advantage to LSU, and I hope that attitude takes hold under Miles.

:crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal:

2. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

They laugh because he shows so much passion and love for his OSU Cowboys team and that's why they poke fun. Can't understand why a coach would show so much fire and intensity for a perennial cellar dwellar like OSU. If it were at any of the top level Big 12 schools the media, fans, peers would be gushing all over him with comments like, "Wow Coach Miles show so much intensity. He's so focused it's uncanny. His teams leave nothing on the field....etc."
    I like most :lsup: fans think his passion is great. He loves the game and I think has fallen in love with LSU! . I really hope he has tremendous success and stays in Baton Rouge for a long time.

3. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

This guy gives me chills...

just seems perfect for what the city wanted/needed after the departure of coach saban...

My wife saw me watching the "let er rip" vid and this one and asked "who is that?"

i told her it was LSU's new coach...

she responded with:
    "ohh, I like him... he seems a little crazy, but full of passion... nick saban just kinda stood there at times... screamed at the team when they did bad.. not when they did good..."

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I really couldn't have said it any better. I believe Miles will be phenomenal here. If only would could have still had Muschamp, we'd have a VERY emotional team. I think it makes it easier to handle after a tough loss if you have a guy like MIles. If you hear the coach give a speech like Miles did after the loss to OU in that video, it makes you feel better. Like, you can look into the mirror and still say, "hey, you know what? We're LSU, and it doesn't matter if we just lost, we're still the best damn college football program in the world"--and of course it doesn't have to be true, it all depends on how you define "best." I like this guy. I think that LSU games/pregames/postgames will be elevated a bit (if that's even possible) with Miles. I still cannot imagine how this team will be against UNT. I always thought we had a pretty emotional/amped up team. Of course, with our atmosphere, and now with our coach, man our team is going to be scary. Emotion can be a double-edged sword too, and that is the only thing that worries me. We have the talent, coaching, and schecule to make a run. The QB situation doesn't bother me in the least bit. We have three capable QBs, and God knows we're the only ones who can stop ourself. I seriously don't see any team in the country being too much of a threat if things fall the way they should. It's a great time to be a Tiger Fan. :geauxtige:champs::crystal: