Les Miles Will Never Recover From This

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Nov 21, 2009.

1. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Unforgivable clock mismanagement at this level. Hard to see how he wins any respect from media, fans, and opposing coaches after this.

Stupid-lucky vs. Auburn in 2007.

Stupid-stupid at Ole Miss in 2009.

Countdown to a new coach begins . . . now! :tigereye:

1 person likes this.
  2. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

The end of Miles begins right here.

First, wasting all that time after the 3rd down loss basically giving you one play only.

Then, not letting your QB know that if by some miracle the pass is complete, you can't spike the ball with one second left.

If Jefferson snaps the ball and throws and incomplete pass with one second left, I would have said they were fortunate to even get that shot.

High school coaches know better.

3. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

No excuse!! Can't wait for him to leave!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Another site is reporting that you can see Miles saying to the trooper, "I tried to call a timeout."

1 person likes this.
  5. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

I have always been a very vocal supporter of Les Miles, but this loss is squarely on the shoulders of CLM and his staff.

SOMEONE needs to be in charge of clock management - not necessarily CLM, but one of the coaches should have that as his primary responsibility especially near the end of the half and end of the game.

I am so disappointed in the outcome of this game that I can't find the words to express myself. Should have won it after getting that onside kick. :geaux:

6. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

We need a new coaching staff NOW!!!! Please let Michigan fire RR so we can get rid of this Arse hole NOW!!! This guy is a brainless clown. If I were any of the 5*'s he was talking to in recruiting I'd avoid this place like swine flu.

7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Almost mind boggling stupidity displayed in multiple places tonight.

I agree with beginning of the end ESPECIALLY if he comes and tells
    us how hard the players played and he is happy with the effort.

I can not remember an offense this bad.:geaux:

8. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

Not in my mind. :angryfire

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Here we go... :dis:

Miles' job is not in jeopardy after this... was it stupid? Yeah but... I would say the penalties on key drives (false starts are becoming too habit), dropped passes, balls thrown yards over recievers, awareness of the blitz, and not running the hurry up all night were all more key areas that cost us this game... not the remianing :01 issue. Notice how they all have a common denominator.

10. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I'm not saying Miles need to be replaced but this terrrible. During the timeout you have to set up the next play in the even you get the first down. THe only play that should've been was a FG.

The FG team should've been gathered at the sidelines. I'm certain they could've set up in time. The offense had just as far to go. It would've been a chipshot and the kicker would'nt have needed much time to set up. This could've been set up on the sidelines.

I'm not putting the loss on this series though. Our passing game has been terrible all year so why do they give JJ 37 attempts in this game. Also they started moving the ball on quick timing passes. Why did it take the entire game to figure that out?

Then when we walk the field at the end with short passes, they then start trying to throw 20 yd passes. All the routes were way down the field and OM has been blitzing the entire series. WHY!!!

We need a QB that has pocket presence and is comfortable throwing quick hits. We have possibly the best WR corp in the country but it seems we only like to throw things over 15 yds and not 5.

One more thing.....Why in the hell do you throw 2 fades in a row on the 2pt conversion? Riddley made some huge yardage and is powerful and you need 1.5 yds. You can get that on so many plays but instead they dial up a low percentage fade.

1 person likes this.