Les Miles Will Never Recover From This

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Nov 21, 2009.

1. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

How do you call a fade on 2-POINT conversion twice. Tell me there is no better play to run than that, but to do it 2 times when I have seen that play work a hand full of times out of a million.

Then you let 10 seconds roll off the clock until you call a TO on 4th down. WTH.

1 person likes this.
  2. ericb125

ericb125 Freshman

This is day that will live in infamy...how could the field goal team not be ready to come out???

1 person likes this.
  3. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

How do you call a fade on 2-POINT conversion twice. Tell me there is no better play to run than that, but to do it 2 times when I have seen that play work a hand full of times out of a million.

Then you let 10 seconds roll off the clock until you call a TO on 4th down. WTH.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

This may well go down as the poorest game and clock management exhibition in college football history. Pityful. Absolutely pityful.

5. ericb125

ericb125 Freshman

This is day that will live in infamy...how could the field goal team not be ready to come out??? Wasn't this the best chance to score and win the game?

6. FLTiger

FLTiger Founding Member

I served 22 years in the Air Force and we call this a loss of situation awareness. The disturburing thing is that this is not the first time it has happened to Les Miles. He has consistently made poor decisions in close games, and for the most part he has simple been lucky when they worked out.

The clock management in the last minute was some of the worst I have ever seen, and the failure to let Jefferson know what they wanted him to do just compounded the problem. Who in their right mind would have the QB spike the ball with 1 sec left on the clock. However, the real brain fart was not having the field goal team ready to go. :insane:

I want to thank Coach Miles for the championships he brought to LSU but it time for him to move on.

Don't forget to think about our troops during the holidays.

:usaflagwa

1 person likes this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

When, after we wasted 10 seconds before the Hail Mary, or with :01 after the Hail Mary?

8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Sadly, the finish is going to overshadow the real story of this game, which is the fact that this team was COMPLETELY outcoached on both sides of the ball for nearly the entire game, and the 2nd half in particular. It takes Gary Crowton 6 blitz plays in a row to call a freakin screen pass?!

At this rate I fully expect the '08 meltdown to repeat itself next week vs. Arkansas and come full circle. And when it happens a HC search is going to start in earnest. Miles may be safe in 2010 and even 2011, but the administration's patience is going to wear thin if we're looking at 4-5 losses every year from a $4M/ yr. HC.

1 person likes this.
  9. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

Actually it was more like 20 seconds since we got the timeout with 9 seconds to go and he was sacked with 37 seconds on the clock

10. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Miles didn't want OM to know what he was going to do???:insane: