Les Miles Will Never Recover From This

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Nov 21, 2009.

1. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

I think Bama played more freshman and sophmores than anyone in the SEC last year. I'm not sure they are going down.

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

There was plenty of time to get the kick off. You have them waiting on the sidelines and tell them as soon as he catches it and the whistle blow run onto the field. at least 20 seconds went by from the time toliver was whistled down until JJ clocked the ball.

There was time to get the snap off to clock it, there was time to get the snap off to kick it.

But you are right, the waiting 15 second to cal the timeout was almost as dumb as the head coach telling the QB to clock the ball with 1 second left.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He didn't argue anything, he didn't have time to. The clock starts when the ball is set, listen to Miles after the game he never said spike it. Jefferson has to have the mental capacity to know if you don't see the FG unit on the field you have to run a play. He has lots of physical ability but seems to be mentally challenged. Miles isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and that doesn't help, but JJ has to know he can't spike it period.

4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Watch it again. 20 seconds between the whistle and the snap. JJ is hustling off the field and gets sent back out.

And listening to Miles in this situation is probably not the best source of info. He just made the biggest coaching error in LSU history.

1 person likes this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The clock stopped with one second left and starts as soon as the official spots the ball, there was no time to spike it no matter how fast they got to the line of scrimmage. Could they have gotten the field goal unit on the field? Very possible, the one thing you couldn't do is spike the damn football, stupid stupid decision.

6. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Most of the people complaining are NOT newbies and have had a problem with the coaching staff ALL SEASON! DEAL WITH IT! This clown is killing LSU and if you don't see that then I'm really sorry. Maybe you can go to Obama for a change? I'll say it now. Les Miles is an idiot and with him we will not get a sniff of Atlanta for the SECCG again. Bama vs UF. Get used to it. By the way, don't insult my intelligence about the bad old days a decade or so ago and how we should be grateful. I don't fricking want to hear it!!

7. Chukker V

Chukker V Freshman

Don't be getting on Red 'cause he's a good poster and I got his back.

It's been a long time sine LSU fans thought they might need a coaching change. That's no fun. As a Bama fan, I understand how aggravating that can be, we went thru several in a row we wanted out.

I figure if Miles doesn't at least win the SEC West once in the next two years he's gone.

8. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

If the coach calls the play and he doesn't know it either then what does that make him? At least JJ is basically free. Miles costs $4 Mil a year. I'll take JJ.

9. scottz87

scottz87 Veteran Member

The heat that is about to be put on CLM by the fans will be overwhelming. How many years left on his contract cause if he doesn't get fired he sure is in for a tough time. I can't imagine how bad it will be for him. i don't think he will be able to successfully recruit while speculation of him needing to go is out there.

1 person likes this.
  10. Chase0316

Chase0316 Registered Fan

the clock stops when you get a first down. atleast enough time for the special teams to take 10 steps on the field and get set up