Les Miles Will Never Recover From This

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Nov 21, 2009.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thats because he wasnt under center. he was looking at les wondering wtf they sideline was calling for a spike. he knew it made no sense but followed orders anyhow.

if hes under center not looking to sideline he gets it off because the refs were almost as slow as us. they tried to give it to us.

2. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

kicking the ball with 0:01 left and a stopped clock is possible, it's been done before. just gotta get your kicking team out there really quickly.

3. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Everyone has to be ready and the center must watch for the ref to give the start clock signal and snap it as soon as he does. Toss sweep, fade to the corner, whatever, but you have a shot.

This game will sicken Tiger fans for decades.

4. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

I have recovered. It is an L in the history books in the W / L section. Now if it had been in the :crystal: game then I would never recover. I would become a zombie.

1 person likes this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Exactly! It's not an easy situation or a high percentage one. Most teams would not be successful given the same circumstances. However I think most teams would at least take a shot. It's not that the team wasn't successful in the last 30 seconds it's how they were not successful that pains everyone.

6. BRETT

This debacle is much more than the last play. These types of game mismanagement have occurred all throughout Mile's tenure it's just that it finally became glaringly obvious in this game to the rest of the country and many LSU fans. LSU has just always had the talent and some luck to overcome them for the most part. With the SEC being loaded with talent, talent alone won't be enough to get it done anymore. I don't really envision Mile's becoming a master of game management all of a sudden.

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

That is why he is head coach. He can appoint someone to bing him on the head. I think everyone is making more out of this than need be. Auburn's clock management wasn't too great at the end of that game yesterday either.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

If you thought I meant the last play was the only problem or that I feel Miles has a clue when it comes to clock management then I need to explain further. Miles may be the worst coach at clock management that I have ever seen. That being said it is not our biggest problem this season or last. He should turn clock management over to his coordinators depending on which team is on the field, O or D. The biggest problem for this team and coaching staff is the lack of development of players on the offensive side as well as a terminal case of brain freeze. A coherent offensive game plan and play calling in the ole miss game and the clock never becomes a factor. Miles should just forget about clock management, he will never get it. It's time to pass the torch on that one. Miles needs to spend every waking hour between now and the end of the season on identifying and hiring an offensive coordinator capable of developing players and fielding a cohesive offense with a battle plan. No amount of improvement in clock management will save the program with the current offense.

9. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Did anyone else see Miles at the end of the game turn to a police officer standing right next to him and ask are we out of time out's?

10. BRETT

Sure, I guess he could hire someone for everything but at the end of the day, he is the head coach and the head coach's job is to manage the game. Clock management, time outs, tempo, strategy, 4th downs are all part of it.

Miles used to have a 6th sense when it came to game tempo and when to punt, go for it on 4th down, etc. The intricacies of the game have never been his strong point. Now it seems Miles has lost his 6th sense too. JMO