Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by The Gov., Feb 21, 2006.

1. The Gov.

The Gov. Founding Member

After one year at LSU what do yall think of him? I personally like him and im not just sayin that cause of the year he had, but his personality towards everyone. what do yall think?

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Ah thank Lase Mahls is one hail of a futbawl coach,

3. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I think he is a good man and has done a good job at LSU . He is a good Coach and is settling into the job having some time under his belt and getting to know the players and LSU family. It looks like he understands the importance of good relationships with the High School Coach's and that is one key to success at LSU.

I would like to see him possibly work on his public speaking . He hesitates and i think some people judge him based on this . He thinks over each word and statement very carefully.

I think he is able to overcome this when it is a one on one conversation and relax.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I like him. I know he's not as "firery" as some would want him to be--or hasn't given us some memorable sound clips like he did at Okie State yet, but I think some of his "timid" appearance last year was primarily him just easing himself into the new job--Sort of a "better-to-keep-your-mouth-shut-that-say-something-to-make-you-look-foolish" type of approach.

I think the more comfortable he gets, the more vocal he'll become. Might not ever be as vocal as Saban...but then again, there aren't many who are.

For whatever reason, players, other coaches and analysts just really like Les Miles....I just wish more of his OWN fan base would feel the same.

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I noticed that too but didn't think much of it at the time. I really think it's a "comfort level" that he needs to reach. Once he does, I think he'll be better.

Miles hesitates and thinks over each word..... Saban spoke with his hands like he was swatting flies.... It's just each of their differences.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I think it might be a problem if he was coaching the debate team.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Like someone said after the ASU game, I don't care if he cries and craps in his pants everytime a reporter asks him a question, so long as he wins games. But I guess it doesn't really matter since we determined last week that I'm the coach of the football team.

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Seems good to me. After leading our team through tremendous adversity, they put together a very good season, and he recruits well. Nothing to complain about there.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Poor speaker in front of the media, makes him look stupid. But that doesn't bother me.

He has shown that he can pick out great coordinators and is willing to go after them to bring them to LSU. He's a great recruiter & is hiring great recruiters to go along with that.

I still think he'll be the most successful coach in LSU's history if he sticks around.

10. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

I agree. Maybe not THE most successful, but one of.