Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by The Gov., Feb 21, 2006.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Ole Leslie is doing just fine. The players like him and so should the fans...until he screws up I am on the bandwagon.

2. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

and we're proud of you too CC....lol Les will be just fine. He's had some pretty big shoes to fill and high expectations from the rest of us, but I think that after this past year, he'll settle down and run things his way. I just wish somebody would tell him to stop staring at the damn scoreboard...only thing that drives me nuts!

3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I'm happy with him. It took some brains and stones to keep Fisher as OC. He knew all the players on the team and at the university admin, he obviously wanted the HC job, and he could have made problems. It was a risk to keep him. Miles kept him, showed some guts. They apparently had some issues with play calling late in the year, I hope they have gotten it resolved.

Miles appears to have made a solid hire in Peline for DC. A sign of a great head coach is either to do it well yourself, or identify in others the ability to do it well. Looks like Les can do the latter. He got Dunbar to come back to Tigertown, which was a stout achievment even if he didn't stay but a year, then got bought out.

His two recruiting classes look great. Special teams looks improved.

There is room for improvement. Clock management under 2 minutes. Communication on the sidelines with the coaching staff. The wide receivers did not appear to play to their potential last season, nor the O-line. I wondered toward the end of the season if we should not have taken a red shirt off one of the freshmen in light of injuries. Seeing what a healthy Addai did makes me think they could have been more creative in dealing with the running back situation. And yes, he could be smoother with the press. After the anger after the Tenn. game, I think he was gun shy for a while. He should take a public speaking class.

Overall, a lot more plusses than minuses.

Personally, he seems like a real "good guy".

I like him, and wish him and the Tiger Family success!!!

:geauxtige

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Congrats, Coach! I'd like to submit my resume' to you for a spot on your staff....I've been a professional novice arm-chair QB for over a decade. ....need me??? :thumb:

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

LES, "he 'da man", to coin a phrase.

6. The Gov.

The Gov. Founding Member

Yea I agree with yall. The reason why he has been so hesitant on his speaking is because this year he had people really watching his actions dealing with the football team and all of his decisions. Plus he comes from Ok State where they dont have 90,000 fans screamin and yellin at the games. Hopefully he will get in that comfort zone next year. So that he can look good on and off the field.

7. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

its much to early to pass legitimate judgement. lets wait to see how he does when sabans hosses are gone. this years team pulled some miracles and won on talent alone. miles lost the tennessee game and got ****in shelacked in the sec title game. much to early to be spreading any kind of sunshine.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well, we all knew that was coming.

9. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Need i remind you we got shellacked a few times with Saban at the helm and we all thought he was a good coach too.

In fact he was and is a good Coach. That is just what happens some times.

When i was in college we were ahead 31 - 7 at Southeastern one time with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and ended up losing 50-47. Our coach went on to win the 1AA Championship a few years later so it happens that way sometimes like the Tenn. game.

Coach's dont have alot of control over a little thing called momentum and once you lose it it is hard to get back. Ask Okla. 2 years ago against USC.

You can only do so much to prepare a team and then it is up to the players to perform.

I think we have a good staff and as long as they keep the talent coming we may not win it all but we will have our chances.

10. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

This post is fun to read out loud. Sounds like Forrest Gump.

BTW.. I like ol' Les so far. Only time will tell if he was the right hire. I have to agree with one of the earlier posts. I think that he will be one of the most successful coaches in LSU history.

We all know that Saban built the ship... Ol' Les just has to steer her steady and true.