Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by The Gov., Feb 21, 2006.

1. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

Other then possibly Spurrier or Richt, I would not trade him for anybody else in the conference. After a few more years at it I am hoping I wouldn't trade him for anybody.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Slow talkin' does not equal slow thinkin'. Don't make the Yankee mistake of assuming this. :yelwink2:

Charles Yeager McClendon wasn't the most articulate coach either, but he was no fool and he won football games.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm not overly impressed with Richt; he seems solid but nothing more in my eyes. I think Meyer will eventually have Florida competing on a national level and I agree that Spurrier and South Carolina will be one of the SEC powers. Tubberville has done an excellent job everywhere he's been, so I wouldn't dismiss him either.

At this point I wouldn't trade Miles for anyone, for I too believe that Miles can go down as one of LSU's most successful coaches ever. I'm still not sure if we've got a Fulmer or Carr (solid with exceptional talent) or if we've got something more in Miles. I still think Miles has a good bit to prove; last season ended on a good note and with a nice record, but we looked pretty unimpressive in many instances.

On a related note, Brady has had a good season, but if he blows it in the NCAA's I would find it hard to extend his contract if not let him move on. The postseason is very important in NCAA basketball, and not being one of the top 32 teams is tough for me to swallow. It would be hard to can Brady after the success he has had this year, though, especially if he wins the SEC regular season title. If he were to win the SEC tournament or win a game or two in the NCAAs and not lose embarassingly I would extend his contract. In this I think LSU has the leverage because I don't see there being an overwhelming demand for Brady's services at major schools around the nation.

I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to baseball, but it does seem that we are moving in the wrong direction under Smoke. It doesn't seem that we are a national power in that sport any longer. [EDIT]: We do seem to be starting the season off well in baseball.

LSU athletics seems to be quietly becoming a force to be reckoned with on a national level. It will be interesting to see how the women finish off the season and see what Pokey can do after Seimone leaves.

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

My only question is why the hell did JR play half the season with torn ligaments in his wrist?

5. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

When you hire well, you do well. So far, I think he's hired well.:thumb:

I don't give a rat'sass how he comes across on TV, radio, etc. If he wins 90% of his games, I don't think most Tiger fans would care if he appears to be the 3rd dumbest celebrity in the state (behind Blanco and Nagin, of course).:wink:

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

No kidding ... ask DiNardo what happens when you make bad hires.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Probably something inbetween.

8. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

That's a good question.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Because he was our starting QB, and he could, although I do think it affected his accuracy. Lots of players are playing half the season with different injuries.

10. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

of course you knew that was coming because the big sausage man is known for maintaining composure. that one win over miami made you forget the need for a miracle at az? made you forget ut? made you forget utter embarrassment at the sec title game? made you forget needing luck at home to beat a rebuilding auburn team?
    way to early to make some of the claims you guys are making. some of them are laughable.
    if spurrier was left with the all stars miles had this team would have prolly went undefeated.