Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by danthetigerfan, Nov 30, 2010.

1. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Because you are not maximizing the potential that is there. With even an average to above average offense this team is now headed to face South Carolina in Atlanta and another average to above average offensive performance there would most likely send us to the BCS championship game. This team has above average to great talent and executes at a below average to terrible level.

I agree that Les fixed the defense. I'm waiting for him to fix the offense. If he refuses to do so, then bring someone else in who will. Good enough is not good enough when you have the ability to be great.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You think Les is satisfied with the offense?

3. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I don't care if he is satisfied with it or not. I would imagine he is not, but it's the results that matter, not how the coach feels. Again, I want Miles to be the coach. I want him to fix the offense. But if we are sitting here for a 4th year in a row in the bottom 25% of offense in the entire country this time next year, what gives? How long do we accept that?

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Look rough seasons happen, especially when you have been at the top. Everybody that continues to be down on Miles really needs to look around and pay attention to what is happening. Look at UF, UTex, OU, Bama, UGA they all have the same level talent we have yet they are having not good to horrible seasons. Hell if Miles had taken the Tigers to 5-7 his bus ticket would have been punched weeks ago. To place a # on the season and say that you will give up because we don’t make it to the SECCG or better is a bit unrealistic. Miles, even with all the deficiencies that this team had this past season, managed to keep us in the SECCG and MNC conversation until the very end. Every team, every good coach has down yrs, and ours was an 8-5 season, if that is the worst that Miles does once out of every 5-6 yrs yet has us in contention 3-4 yrs out of that I’m not sure what more anyone is really expecting. None of this is to say the Crowton doesn’t need to go, but as the HC and CEO of the Tigers football program Miles’ DNA believes, and rightly so, that it is a greater accomplishment to improve someone and teach them how to be better rather than jump to the decision to give up on them and fire them. It is no different than being a good boss, before you cut someone loose for poor production you do everything in your power to teach them how to perform their job better.

Well, now a message to Miles, Miles you are to be commended for your endurance and your commitment to trying to teach and improve GC and his capabilities, but now it is time to move on. Thank you the LSU fan base.

5. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Like I said before, I want Miles to fix it, and honestly I don't care how they get it done. Replacing Crowton and Studrawa is the most obvious answer that I can see, but whatever gets us the end result is fine with me.