Les takes the blame...read the transcript.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex C., Nov 23, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He said at the Press Conference that Crowton had called a good game, and he approved the play calls. So, while Crowton called the plays, Miles signed off on them, when he should have said, "uh no Gary, we will run now, thanks for a great game."

The image that is plastered in my mind, is Josh Jasper on the sideline kicking into the net, when Lafell gets the big yards on the inside screen to take us to the 32, Jasper is fist pumping, and picks his ball up, and heads to the sideline, like he was saying to himself "hell yeah, my game now, lets win this thing."

2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Explain the lie you are referring to.

3. Rex C.

Rex C. member

I realize that the drama queens want to elevate this to the level of COWARD and LIAR...but all I see is a coach who screwed up royally - and he has admitted as much.

Apparently he's just confirmed that again in the noon PC.

The character assassination stuff is just a witch hunt.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Did anyone really feel that he wouldn't take the blame?

It may not be exactly what some wanted but never a question if he would do so or not. More importantly he has apologized to the team numerous times on the mismanagement. No doubt they feel worse than the fans do or at least should feel worse.

5. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

So that is what he said. In the video below he is obviously running down the sideline motioning to spike the ball.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B9kfnJvB6Q[/MEDIA]

6. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

Well, he took the "discredit," which is almost the same thing as "blame" but not quite.

Regardless, what I want to know is: how will he ensure that something like this doesn't happen again? We've seen him bungle clock management many times since he's been at LSU, and he's obviously shown no improvement.

7. Rex C.

Rex C. member

8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

But if he saw an Ole Miss player pop up with the ball and he was gesturing to the ref that LaFell was down (hence no turnover) and was NOT signalling for JJ to spike the ball, is he lying?

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

He had no choice. Im not surprised he took the blame. He is still dodging the spike issue but its really best to just drop it.

I think Miles has been an extremely lucky coach during his tenure here. There were numerous other calls he could have been just as vilified for but the calls ended up being successful or didnt hurt us.

The best thing Miles can do is move on. Fans and players need to do the same thing. He has lost some respect from many of the Tiger faithful but time can heal that wound. He just needs to finish this year strong by not having anymore sideline mismanagement.

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I still have zero respect for Miles right now. His accepting the responsibility is AFTER the fact that he threw JJ under the bus. IMO its too late and is now a moot point.