Les takes the blame...read the transcript.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex C., Nov 23, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The best thing we can all do is move on. Its going to sting, we are always going to look back on this game as a great moment in history that could have been.

Its going to say alot about this Coach and this staff, if they can come back and get a victory Saturday against Arkansas, with those putrid uniforms.

Nothing would be worse in my opinion, then finishing out the regular season with a loss to Arkansas at home in those ridiculous looking uniforms. We need a victory.

2. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Listen, I feel bad for the guy. I think he got flustered at the mistake and didn't know what to do. It was obvious in that press conference as he could barely speak and Jordy had to complete his sentences. However, that does not let him off the hook for what I think a four tragic mistakes that fall square on his sholders.

1. Not getting the timeout in on 3rd down. He called it but no one heard it?? wtf??
    2. Not having the kick team ready to go in after the 4th down pass was complete. I understand that he wanted it to go into the endzone, but you have to have a contingency plan.
    3. Running down the sideline signaling to spike the ball with 1 sec left, effectively ending the game.
    4. Saying in the post game presser that he didn't know who made the call. Even if he had not signaled the spike, how is the head coach not in control of the team in the final seconds of the game?

3. Rex C.

Rex C. member

I agree.

4. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

You're right. Les did nothing wrong. All the calls to finish the game were correct. Les signaling to spike the ball and then saying he did not is not lying.

I'm just pointing out facts dude. As for your hilarious photo shopping of my avatar, I'd love for you to search these message boards and show me one post of mine that calls for, or insinuates, the firing of Les Miles.

5. LaSalleAve

Blue would never say that. Look at him.

6. Rex C.

Rex C. member

Sorry, Blue.

I was just foolin wit ya. That pic was just beggin for a caption.

And as for CLM - I agree with you that he screwed up big time...I just don't think he's blaming anyone but himself.

7. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I get very defensive when people mess with Ol' Blue.

8. LaSalleAve

He is taking the blame and he should be taking the blame. But its like when your significant other cheats on you and then you reconcile. You love your significant other, and you want her/him to do well, and to be happy, and to be a success, but that feeling that was once there is gone, and its not coming back.

9. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

THIS.
    From what I was reading he didn't really take all of the blame and supposedly had to check with this person or that as to what happened. You mean to tell me he STILL doesn't know! He also made several attempts to throw Jefferson under the bus. Man I have to say this stinks BIG TIME! My big concern right now is do the players think the same things about Miles that a LOT of us are now thinking? If so then chalk up next week as a loss and maybe the bowl game too.

10. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Confused or not a persons true colors come out when the pressure is on and times are at their worse.

Yes Miles has taken the blame but also made some poor choices in his word selection as well.

Confusion...
    Frustration...
    Just being a dumbass...
    True Colors...

WHICHEVER it is those a 4 things you dont want in a head coach and SHOULD NOT see in someone making MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!!!