Les talking today...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Randall and Russell both underachieved at LSU. They both had attributes as football players, but lacked most of what it took to be a successful quarterback. Jimbo didn't have alot to work with, in my opinion.

I hope whoever wins the starting nod at QB, is at least intelligent with the football and serviceable enough to score 30 points a game.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Not at Auburn. Hell I don't know I just read people dogging Marcus Randall and I pointed out that he did something Jamarcus never could. That's all.

3. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

In one season, is not a career. And I said 30 points per game, meaning an average for the offense.

Who's Godson? Further, I don't speak for anyone but myself. And I don't try to put words into people's mouths during discussions. Maybe you should consider that while you so ferociously take up for your daddy Leslie. My opinion may not be popular, but I can voice my opinion without coming off disrespectful to other forum members. You seem to enjoy trying to push my buttons. You part of Leslie's inner circle?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  4. LaSalleAve

Definitely no love for auburn, just pointing out the lone asinine thing Randall did Russell didn't.

5. msully

msully Founding Member

They will be as good as JJ

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Bert came in the class of 69, 72 was the first season Freshmen were eligible to play varsity football.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More on Bert:

In 1990, Jones participated in the first NFL QB challenge. He finished first in the retiree category and third in the regular competition. (The regular competition taking the top three finishers from the alumni competition and adding them to the regular field of current QBs.) Given his strong performance, Bobby Beathard, then the GM of the Chargers, wanted Jones to come out of retirement, but Bert was 39 at the time and chose not to try a comeback.

On the eve of Super Bowl XLII New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, in discussing his choices for the greatest quarterbacks of all time, described Jones as the best "pure passer" he ever saw.

Winston1 likes this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Quick note:
    More Les talking........(From Dandy Don's Report)

Roy King, LSU Tiger Band Director, on the radio with Bobby Hebert talking about their trip to Ireland. Supposedly Roy told a story of how a former LSU football player (Ralph McIngvale) heard Tiger Band was over 100K short of paying for their trip and he paid the difference. I think this is the sort of thing Tiger Fans need to hear about so we can appreciate our former players that give back to the school that helped them get where they are. Also, Roy told the story about how ESPN wasn't going to let Tiger Band on the field for a game last year. Roy told the story of how Les Miles found out about it and asked to speak to the ESPN official in the locker room. When he got there Coach Miles told him if Tiger Band wasn't out there he wasn't coming out of the locker room. Way to geaux, Les Miles!

furduknfish and Winston1 like this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The great thing about the Ireland story is that when I first heard it was Ralph McIngvale, my first thought was "wtf is Ralph McIngvale?" Nice that even an unknown player got so much out of his experience that he would want to give back in this way.

cajdav1, Winston1 and LSUDad like this.
  10. LaSalleAve

Speaking of lockers, heard they are selling the old football lockers for like 3000 a pop