Lester Ricard

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallastigers, Dec 14, 2002.

1. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Has anyone seen him in practice? is he catching on and showing some promise? He should be able to get more work in during bowl practices. Regardless of who signs with us, I think Ricard will get playing time next along with either Mauck or Randall. Very few true freshman quaterbacks can step in and help the first year.

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I got to see lester practice a some before the season. The thing that i think is going to hold him back is that his arm is not very strong. My guess is that with his athleticism, if Flynn and Lane both come in next year, he will be moved to receiver. He has way to much talent to get lost in a pile of good young quarterbacks so he will be given a chance to contribute in other areas.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If Ricard had the stuff to step in and play in the SEC, we would have seen him this year. He'll get a shot at QB next year, but there will be a lot of competition. He'll probably compete at DB or WR as a sophomore.

4. dallastigers

He was the number 5 QB by rivals.com last year which I know does not mean anything. Unless he was so much better than the rest I would not have expected Saban to take off the reshirt this year. I do not think a true freshman can succesfully step into Fisher's offense.
    I was surprised to hear that he did not have a strong arm, but that was the information I was looking for since I have never seen him.

5. EliteLSU1

EliteLSU1 Founding Member

Rivals ratings

Lester was the fifth ranked QB last year, but not as a pro style QB. He was listed as a Dual Threat QB which is what most running QB's are listed as. Our two commitments this year are considered Pro Style.

6. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

i thought Lane was a dual threat?

7. EliteLSU1

EliteLSU1 Founding Member

My Bad

You're right, at the beginning of the year he was a Pro Style. Following his stats, it looks like he may run better than passing. I would much rather a pro style. I hope Matt Flynn stays solid to us. He seems to really be a winner. From all that I read he upset just about every top ranked team that he played against.

8. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

i agree...id rather have a drop back pro style, but with his kind of talent...you certainly dont say "no":)

9. dallastigers

I think I would rather have a duel threat as long as they can still throw the ball well. Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, McNair, Steve Young all are or were great QB's. They still throw well which is hard to find. Lane might be like that.

10. J2K

J2K Founding Member

Just if you can run too doesn't mean you can't throw the ball. Lane probably throws better than most, if not all, of the QBs listed as pro-style. He's just got the wheels to go along with the arm.