Lester Ricard

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallastigers, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I agree Saban will do what is best.

But being armchair coach is helluva lot funner (is that a word?)

Mauck in SECCG. He caught Tenn totally off guard. A passing team converts to a QB running team in the middle of the game? You can't expect anyone to be able to defend that. But yes he did show good composure. He couldn't hit the side of a barn with an M-1 tank though.

Comparing the 2's composure is difficult. I don't know either of them but from what I see Mauck seems a lot more laid back than does Randall. That said, if for instance, a guy kicked each of them in the nuts in the middle of a game I would expect a different reaction from each. Mauck seems to woud let it go......Randall maybe not. the point being just b/c Randall teed off on Redding doesn't necessarily mean he lost composure......although it may...he may have just been retaliating for someting he didn't like.

Another thing. Isn't Mauck much older than Randall? Like 24 v 20? You would expect more maturity out of a guy like that.

2. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

which one

helluva....... or........ funner

3. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

neither are words, but it doesn't matter. Being an armchair QB/head coach is a lot of fun.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The bottom line for me is this - neither Mauck nor Randall have shown us a Division I arm.

I don't care how mature you are or how much you know the offense, or how mobile a QB you are. If you don't have downfield accuracy you cannot suceed in the SEC.

Mauck and Randall will hold down the position until one of the younger QB's develops, hopefully by mid-season. Flynn, Russell, or Ricard have an excellent chance to be the starter by bowl time -- IF one of them has a downfield passing game.

If not, top teams like Alabama and Texas will just stack the line, knowing we can't pass, and shut down our running game. They've already shown everybody how to do it.

5. sugarland tiger

sugarland tiger Freshman

I DON'T THINK EITHER OF THESE TWO ARE WHAT WE NEED TO TAKE US TO THE NEXT LEVEL,BOTH ARE LESS THAN 50% PASSERS AND THAT NOT GOING TO CUT IT; LET'S HOPE RICARD CAN STEP UP.

6. Hub

Hub Founding Member

DITTO