Lets get real!! How many of you Hate Bama??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Xtreme's Son

Xtreme's Son Freshman

since i was bron i hated alabum.

alabama doesn't have this->>>>>>>:milesmic::crystal::crystal::crystal:

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Nooooooo!! Don't get them started! Mention a championship to a Bammer and they go all Gregorian calendar on you....they can tell you every year they've won every championship ever, right down to the Farmer's Almanac pre-season poll of naught-five.

I agree with most of my Tiger brethren here....fierce rivalry doesn't constitute hate. My aggressive dislike for an opponent is usually fueled less by who it is and more by what beating them would mean to our Tigers. I don't even care about the Saban aspect of 'Bama anymore. He's been gone 5 years, we've played him twice, beat his a$$ on the road and boo'd him unmercifully in The Valley. Been there, done that. Playing a top 5 team with a chance to control our own destiny in the conference is enough to get fired up for, regardless of who's holding down the fort until the Bear returns in all His glory.

3. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

Actually, the hair's still there...

[​IMG]

4. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Yeah, but is it yours? :geaux:

1 person likes this.
  5. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Can't say I hate bama. I used to really have it in for Auburn, and before them Georgia. Herschel broke my heart as a young man. And Nebraska!! Like to laugh at Ole Ms and Arkie, but they have gotten a couple of laughs on us lately. I just want to LSU to DESTROY EVERYONE!

Guess I just hate ignorance. Plenty of it to go around the SEC. The anonymous internet makes it a great deal easier to "hate".

1 person likes this.
  6. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

LOL! That shot's the end of a five day backpack a couple of years ago. That hair's mine, and it's like really dirty...

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Mine has vanished !!! Well mostly...I'll try to find a picture of me somewhere...

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I'll reserve my hatred for AU and :eek:lefire:. (used to be the other way around, but...)

I have to say I have the utmost respect for the legacy of Bear Bryant...and wish there were still coaches like him. (JoePa comes close) I liked Bama when he was there. I loved every minute of the '92 Sugar Bowl...and had a lot of respect for Coach Stallings as well. I rooted for them in every SECCG vs Spurrier's Gators. I have a great deal of respect for their tradition.
    -
    What I have a problem with is the sense of entitlement that many of their fans possess. I do respect their team...and their coaches coaching ability. But they are not "back"...and never will be "back" to what they were in decades past. Nobody else will either. There are some (Tide HSV is one of them) that realize these things, and are more than just tolerable...they're classy, knowledgeable, and quite likeable. But the ones that think Saban is responsible for everything LSU has accomplished this decade drive me nuts. They really do live in the past. The past when Bear Bryant had a key to Tiger Stadium...held the deed to the place. Even when that was the case, he was still nothing but respectful and classy about it. Even though his Bama team's never lost in TS from '69 until the day he retired, he labeled it the toughest place to play a game.
    -
    Deep down, I don't hate Bama. But I do hate the complete lack of respect some of their fans have towards LSU's accomplishments...even though they don't have any of their own to compare in nearly 20 years. I am afraid the only was to earn their respect is to destroy them over and over again...even though it should come with games like '05, '07, and '08.

1 person likes this.
  10. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

I live in Spanish Fort (across the bay from Mobile), so I'm "behind enemy lines" at least this week. Many close friends are Alabama fans -- some are pleasant to be around when talking football and some make me run because I don't want to lose a good friend over a football rivalry.

My daughter is at Auburn, so they are my second favorite SEC team. She didn't try to talk smack to me this year and she's glad she didn't. I used to pull for anyone who played Bama, but the older I get, the more I let go of the obnoxious behavior of my irritating Bama friends. Now, I occasionally find myself pulling for them.

We have to be in Auburn this weekend so while my youngest is with her big sister watching Auburn whip up on Furman in Jordan-Hare, my wife and I will be hanging with some Auburn fans in front of a big screen joyously united in our common desire to see Bama get the stuffing beat out of them.

:geaux: