Let's hire Tim Floyd right now!! Today!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux5000, May 7, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

This is LSU. We should be 2nd to nobody in any sport. We should let Duke's coach (not even going to try to spell it) know we need a coach and he would jump at the chance because this is the number one job anywhere. We are the absolute best and should be #1 and undefeated in every sport. We should never even lose so much as one basketball or baseball game. How can any other school possibly beat LSU? We should never even be behind during a game. If we lose, it's the coaches fault. Fire Smoke. Fire Brady. Hell, fire Saban. Losing that Florida game cost us sole possession of a National Championship. WE SHOULD NEVER LOSE AND WE WON'T STAND BY IDLY AND LET SOME INFERIOR COACH RUIN OUR PROGRAM!!!

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

DAMN STRAIGHT!

I WON'T STAND FOR ANOTHER LOSS EVER!

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I think Tim Floyd sucks as a basketball coach. Eustachy did more than Floyd in his time with the Cyclones.

Having said that, if I knew that Tim Floyd was interested in the LSU job, I would e-mail the AD quickly.

This is because between Brady and Floyd, it's all a matter of degrees. The sucking sound you hear when Floyd around isn't as pronounced and gurgly as the one you hear when John Brady walks around.

Basically, Tim Floyd sucks < John Brady sucks

4. Justin Credible

Justin Credible Founding Member

Come on guys.....

we can do better than Floyd. :dis:

I'll have some names for you when we get closer to pulling the trigger.

5. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

I would like to know why everyone thinks Floyd is such a bad coach. I thought he was extremely sucessful at the college level, why else would he have been given the big bucks to go pro.

PS. It would be nice if there were more comments about the topics, and less arguing.

6. SabanFan

Haven't you been paying attention? Any coach that doesn't win all of his games and a national championship is a bad coach.

7. friday

friday Founding Member

totally disagree. for one thing, tim floyd established iowa state as a solid basketball program in a very good conference. eustachy, although he did take them to the elite 8, just made the transition smoothly and continued to win games. two things are obvious. one, tim floyd will never be a solid nba coach because he can't manage the personalities of an nba star like baron davis. did anyone ever hear baron or anyone for that matter, being fined for being late for practice or missing a shootaround? never, because floyd just let it go. in college, you can't get away with that stuff. the second thing is floyd is an excellent x and o's coach. he understands the game. I remember twice in the season when the hornets were down by 1 with less than 5 sec left and both times he called the perfect play. on one occasion, the hornets won the game with a perfect screen that left davis open for a layup. in the other game, same play, different, result (west missed the layup).

to say floyd sucks is harsh considering he put three dormat college programs on the map. when he gets back in the college ranks, the guy is going to have a chip on his shoulder. With his local ties and the fact the that, as bad as his nba record is, he has ties to the nba and that means something with recruits. with his ties to the area, tim floyd would be a great fit as LSU coach.

8. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Floyd took his shot with the NBA just as Pitino did. It turns out that some coaching styles aren't suited for the NBA. Pitino and Floyd are just two such examples. I'm not saying that Floyd is on the same level as Pitino, but Floyd is a damn good college coach. He would be a great fit for LSU.

But, Skip has already pre-spent all the seat licensing fees on other projects this year. You won't seen Brady's job turnover until after next season (if it doesn't get better than this year's). Skip doesn't want to spend over a $1MM on a buyout when he could wait it out another year and buy him out for less. Brady is still out recruiting and seems to have some success, so Skip can afford to wait another year to pull this trigger, if it gets pulled at all.

Its too bad that the Hornets couldn't wait another year to let Floyd go. Next spring would have been a good time to pull Floyd into Baton Rouge. As for Floyd in Chicago, he wasn't hired to turn the program around. He fulfilled his duties in Chicago by implementing a rule set and program for young, inexperienced players in need of guidance and direction. He did what he was charged to do. You can't hang him on his Chicago record, when he was successful in completing his mission as assigned.

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

captainpodnuh, your reasoning for Skip's aversion to a buyout is misguided. The buyout will be a million this year, but it'll still be a sizeable sum next year. It'll be less, but LSU will still have paid him his yearly salary.

In other words, they'll have paid him the monetary portion of his buyout via a salary, so there's no net gain in savings by waiting till next year to buy him out. Matter of fact, there could be a net loss in that the basketball team will probably lose money because of their performance and the fans voting their displeasure through apathy.

It's a misnomer to say that they'll save $, because they'll have paid another year's salary, and made it that much more difficult for whoever's brought in for the reclamation project.

Is there anyway to get SabanFan to NOT make constant and ridiculous overgeneralizations and wildly exaggerated statements about those who differ from him? The mold is so well developed on his arguments and schtick that Earl K. Long is about to negotiate a cut rate on their penicillin purchasing through his posts on this site.

10. SabanFan

Yes there is. Post something that I agree with. That would require using logic and reason. It can be done.