Let's "Play Ball"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by APPTiger, Jan 6, 2021.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

[​IMG]

CajunlostinCali and kcal like this.
  2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

3. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Well shit the bed in the post season again like we always do. Manierie isn’t the man for the job anymore. His departure has been long over due.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

At one time I thought they might get Robichaux from ULL to come over but I don't know anyone else right now that I wold confidently replace him with. Anybody got any names?

BayouBengal014 likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How about the Vanderbilt coach?

APPTiger likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Could not agree more

8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

If I knew nothing about LSU baseball and read this thread, I would be way more confused than when I started. Good job everyone.

9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

So can we confirm that you are confused?

10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

A little pre-season what we got according to D1, your paid share contribution to the diamond gods:

OFFENSE
    LSU will be relying on several new faces to make an immediate impact this spring, and it starts with the two fab freshmen in Dylan Crews and Tre Morgan.

Crews looks like an old school baseball player. He has the actions of a dirtbag type of player and has some definite power generation in his swing. With that said, there is some swing and miss with Crews, so that will be something to monitor entering the season. As for Morgan, he has a smooth lefthanded stroke and just finds holes all over the field. He has a mature offensive approach and is the more likely player to make an immediate impact in February.

Looking at the rest of the offensive lineup, Gio DiGiacomo is an athletic player who has some serious upside. However, his zone awareness must continue to improve. DiGiacomo, who was off to a nice start in 2020, definitely has some breakout potential. Cade Beloso is a consistent force in the lineup and can hit for some power, while Zach Arnold could be an interesting bat to watch. Arnold didn’t play much in the spring as he was returning from thoracic outlet surgery, but he had a solid summer and fall at the plate. Cade Doughty, another summer standout, also is expected to take a step forward this season, while Will Safford was one of my favorite players to watch in the fall.

Safford is a 5-foot-8, 165-pounder, who has dirtbag qualities and just found ways to make things happen. He reminds Paul Mainieri of former LSU standout Tyler Hanover. Meanwhile, keep an eye on Brody Drost, who showed some power in the fall, but just needs to be more consistent.

Defense
    It will be interesting to see how this LSU squad evolves from a defensive standpoint. With fab freshman Tre Morgan taking over first base, thanks to his defensive and offensive prowess, the Tigers are moving usual first baseman Cade Beloso out to left field. We’ll see how that progresses this spring, but he was serviceable at that position in the fall. LSU should be solid up the middle with sure-handed shortstop Collier Cranford leading the charge, while the outfield is in particularly good shape in center, where wiry and athletic speedster Gio DiGiacomo is back for another season. LSU also is very confident about its situation behind the plate with the return of Alex Milazzo. Milazzo is a strong defensive catcher with excellent arm strength and accuracy.