Let's recall 2001 for a second

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Oct 13, 2003.

1. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

We are 4-3; just lost to sorry Ole Piss...Rohan was playing like crap....fans were beginning to think 7 wins at the most...

what happened? Saban turned things around we wound up being one of the top 3 teams in the nation to finish the season (technically #7 but we could have beaten anyone except Miami)

6 straight wins including 2 over top 10 opponents

The season is young folks. Mauck is still the man. Jimbo is still a good coach. Our defense is still dominant. Let's all settle down. We will rebound.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Just think, it took Darth Visor about 6 years to get his National Title. It still may a bit soon, maybe by the time Russel and Flynn are Jrs and Srs the time will be ripe.

3. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

I'm not ready to give up on this year yet.

We can still run the table (eternal optimist here). We will be favored in every regular season game we play. Our defense is the best in the SEC. We have explosive talent on offense. I have faith in Saban and Fisher that they will find a way t o unleash it.

In the SECCG with one loss...pretty sweet !!!!!!!!

Win it and we're a lock for #3 barring a misstep by Miami or OK. (seems improbable, but very few make it through with out stubbing their toe somewhere. See our game last Saturday).

It all starts over again in Columbia !!

BEAT CAROLINA !!!!!!!!

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

You guys are right!!!!

Those 6 straight games were amazing, right when everyone
    counted us out we started winning.

Maybe I want it a bit early, I just wish we could be like Oklahoma
    right now or Nebraska of old.

Domination!!!

5. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

Nebraska was good, but they had the advantage of playing in a very weak Big 8 some of those years. (OK was down throughout the 90s).

The Sooners are something to behold. They just get it done. And they obviously match up well against Texas !!!!!!!!