Let's see what yall think of this..........

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxtgrs, Sep 11, 2002.

1. geauxtgrs

geauxtgrs Freshman

First of I would like to say I just found out about this board and this is my first post. On other sites much of the discussion following last saturdays game has been about using Shyrone Carey as a possibilty at QB due to his athletic ability and the fact that he played the position in high school. First of all I still believe in Mauck and hope he and the recievers come around. That being said, I also think that Micheal Clayton at 6' 4" with tremendous athletic ability and experience at the position would be a better choice than Shy as a possibilty at QB. From all that I have heard Clausen isnt ready yet and was just thinking that in an emergency situation Clayton might be a pleasent surprise. I think we are deep enough at reciever to account for his loss there if he was needed at QB...but hey what do I know? What do yall think?

2. geauxtgrs

geauxtgrs Freshman

Is Shy the fastest?

I have heard he has great hips and elusivness but not blazing speed. Hey I was a huge Herb Tyler fan so I aint against the idea. Just thought Clayton was closer to the prototype.

3. BBF Admin

BBF Admin Guest

Carey is no taller than 5'3". I guarantee it. He wouldn't be able to see over the line of scrimmage with those big uglies.

He is however very dangerous when he gets the football. He just needs a little more time to adjust to the speed of the college game, and then the whole country will know who he is.

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I think Clayton needs to remain at reciever. Carey Is not a SEC QB. Can you imagine how many years it would take for Clayton to learn the qb postion.