Let's Talk About Oregon

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by $TigerFan$, Jan 26, 2011.

1. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

What's everyone's take on the first game of the season?
    Do we dig a hole for ourselves or come out looking like BCS contenders?

Oregon is returning just about everyone like us and take into consideration they played in the NC they should be favorites to return. We all know how those offenses gave us fits this season, can we get a handle on stopping the wide open attack they will bring? I see this as a big mountain to climb, What say you?

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

BCS Championship has apparently been wrapped up so should be no problem.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Oregon only returns one from their D-Line and only one LB (but most of their secondary). I think we'll have our most dominant run blocking O-Line ever so would expect we will run it down their throats and hit a couple of big plays in the passing game when they stack the box.

Oregon moved the ball on Auburn fairly well and I'm guessing will score at least 20+ on our defense, partially because they get so many possessions. They lost three experienced starters from their O-Line so hopefully will not be in sync yet when we meet in Dallas.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

They rotate so many kids in the game, I wonder just how "inexperienced" they'll be at that position but shouldn't matter cause LSU owns the PAC10.

5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Look how Oregon's "high profile" offense was blasted by an SEC defense. Auburn's turnovers is what kept the ducks in the game. Oregon flew through the pac10 but looked flustered the entire game when they faced a legitimate defense.

I think if LSU can establish the run and play action early, depending on who the quarterback is, should be able to move the ball and put points on the board.

I think this first game sets the tone for the season for both teams. Of course you can lose the first game and still win out, but that's a huge momentun swing for both schools.

6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Not trying to jinx our Tigers, but LSU has never started a season 0-1 under Les Miles.

Having said that, I am cautiously optimistic that we will pound them into submission with an overpowering running attack.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm glad Casey Mathews isn't there anymore.

I wonder if Lache Seastrunk will get some playing time?

8. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

LSU struggles against good read-option teams. Just because they lost to Auburn (on a last second FG) doesn't mean they aren't legit. I hope our defense will be in shape by that game because they will have the workout of a lifetime in that game. We just need to control the clock and not make mistakes and we should be able to pull it out.

9. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Scary points:
    1. LSU football never starts real fast first game of the year
    2. High paced offense first game of the year could really tire a defense fast
    3. They are just down right good

LSU favors:

1. Lsu should have an advantage with their lineman both offensively and defensively.
    2. will be the fastest team oregon will ahve to face in 2011
    3. a physicall style of ofeense could slow down oregons offensive touches.

In my mind....it's still a push, or pickem game. Un doubteblly whoever wins this game should move to # 1 in the country.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Oregon also hardly put anyone in Glendale for the national championship game, this should be a home away from home game for us also.