Lets talk jet skis

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by Rex_B, Feb 3, 2010.

1. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

I had a modified Seadoo XP growing up... It was incredibly fast for the time esp with a 140lb kid driving. I lived on the water so it was constantly used (and abused), but never had major problems. My dad would take his boat so I always had gas no matter how far we went. Basically every Sunday we would go all around the Lake Pontchartrain and Intercostal Canal from early morning until dark. Some good ole days. My dad sold it when I started LSU.

I would not get one now though. Too many people with no on-water experience buy them as a cheap alternative to a boat.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

never heard that term for em., but very appropriate.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This says it all right here. Everyone, and I mean everyone that I've ever known that had them sold them after a summer or two for that same reason. They just get tired of it and they end up becoming the garage's version of a treadmill. Collecting various articles that will set nicely on them along with the dust.

4. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Yes I have a boat but I still want a pair of skis for my own enjoyment and my 3 year old likes them as well. Since I have a home on the water it's much easier for me to use and put away quickly. Sometimes you don't want to mess with the boat and sometimes you do.

In any case I'm still looking.