Lets talk Saturday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGOLFER, Feb 23, 2006.

1. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

As we all know UK is coming rolling into town. By rolling I mean rolling. A thumping win over Ole Piss, Tubby seems to have his team on the right track after a horrendous start. The keys I will talk about will be frontcourt. If they play man, Morris will be on BigBaby all game (Tubby will probably switch it up with the trap, which I believe will cause problems for LSU). This is where we have had problems. Baby for some reason is turnover prone. Morris is great at causing turnovers, so Baby will have to do a great job not shuffling his feet and holding on to the ball. This leaves Bobby Perry or Lukasz Obrzut on Tyrus. If they go with Perry, Tyrus has a huge advantage and if he gets hot, we will win. If they put Obrzut he will have to drive more and cause fouls. For those who dont know Obrzut is 7 ft tall. The backcourt is pretty evenly matched. Rondo is an assist guru while Sparks is there 3 point threat. Crawford has really come on strong for UK leading them in scoring the last couple of games. Temple will have hands full with Crawford while Mitchell / Mitchell will have his hands full with Sparks. I am not sure who Brady will put on Rondo and Sparks. If it were up to me I would have Tasmin on Rondo to disrupt his passing. Offensivle the tigers will HAVE to have a good shooting night. If they do not, this will be no contest. If they do, look for the tigers to win by 4-7 pts. Tubby will have his boys ready, as they know how HUGE this game is in getting into the Dance. Lets hope Brady will have LSU ready. Now I have said I believe UK will win this game, after analyzing the game, I am sticking to my first thought. Altough, I am by no means rooting against LSU. I just think Morris will cause to many problems for us.

2. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

I think that LSU will win this saturday. Kentucky is coming off a big win, but LSU is playing as part of a great season. The PMAC is already sold out, and the students just recieved an e-mail about having to get to the game 2 hours early to get in! The atmosphere will have a say in this game :) .
    I predict LSU - 74, UK - 68, in a great game at the PMAC!

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I liken Obrzut to a guy like Steven Hill or Wesley Morgan. Huge bodies that are basically in there for defense only. The key is to get them in foul trouble and take them out of the game. Vandy tried to hack us around with a few big bodies last night and look where it got them.....

4. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

First of all, learn to spell. Second, by all means you cannot say that you root for LSU. That includes the players, coaches and managers of the team of which we know where you stand on that. Third, no contest??? how many games has LSU been blown out this year??? One loss by more than 6 points.. they have been in every game to the end. If we play like we did last night.. note a 20 rebound advantage over the opponent in a hostile environment, that will be the no contest. Tigers will win by 20 if they don't come out too jacked up because we finally have a packed house.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I am really excited about this game.

Not gonna read too much into it. Kentucky can go to hell and lose to the eventual SEC Champs.

LSU 68
    Ash Judds 62

6. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Rajon don’t call him Cajon Rondo is the leader of this team. He is not a BIG three-point threat but he can score. He knows how to dish the rock but he is sloppy. I hope Brady is smart enough to put Darrel Mitchell on him. DMitch is going to have to where him out. He is the senior leader on this team and it is time to step up again. This will be the match-up to watch.

If DMitch can keep Rondo in check, the other tigers meaning TT and Baby should hold up well against UK’s other guys. TMitch, Temple and Lazare will have to contribute for LSU to win this game.

The # 5 sticks out in my head. So look for LSU to win by 5 or more.
    LSU! :champs:

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Inversely, we need to make sure Rondo does not check D Mitch. Rondo is an incredible defender with very long arms.

If D. Mitchell is slowed down by Rondo, someone other thean the Baby is going to have to step up.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

gonna be really tough. lsu will need its A game, so it can play aggressively without getting fouls. if the refs are calling it tight it will be a long night for lsu. im scared that crawford and morris will be too tough (didnt gopher say that?! whats wrong with me).

again, the key will be tasmin. a poor offensive game could be neutralized by dmitch going off, GT hitting some 3s, or GD/TT hitting several midrange jumpers--but as we all know, only the first of those have much of a chance of happening. solid contribution from lazare will be needed too.

im hoping to see a lsu team that is playing aggressive and sharp with a lot of passes on O to get open shots. however, i know yUK will be harrassing LSU which i think will lead to turnovers and forced shots by GD and TT.

LSU needs tasmin to score, and with his injury and recent subpar performances my money is on uk.

9. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

No way does UK beat LSU Saturday. @ 18 and 12 UK is NIT bound. Brady is a better coach then Tubby Smith this year. UK will drop their next three starting w/Brady's Tigers. If you want to throw money out the window then bet on UK if I were you I would send it to the red cross. Don’t forget the game is at the PMAC.

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

LSUGOLFER, THIS is an example of a good thread.

I'm going to say that the crowd and particularly the LSU students will be important for this game. The students need to get in the heads of a couple key players, such as Sparks. This is the type of games players play for. They want to see their home arena packed and have the advantage of a loud and raucous crowd.

Kentucky has quietly gotten themselves back into position for the NCAA tourney. There will be nothing quiet about Saturday though. The LSU team, coaches, & fans are ready for Kentucky. It will be LOUD. Kentucky will not sneak in and get a win.

Oh, and thanks to ole Piss for inflating the egos of the Kentucky team. It will be fun watching their collective ego deflate on Saturday.