Let's talk Silk Road

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, May 30, 2015.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

No. That was clearly stated in what I posted. What is clear is that he paid a lot of money with the full intention of having people murdered over his business dealings and went so far as to request proof by way of photos and then wanted to solicit more murders. It was definitely part of the sentencing term so I don't feel bad for him and it's far more than an internet drug business.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You know, a DHS agent and a secret service agent who are being charged with a massive conspiracy case arrested an informant and had administrative access to Silk Road. How in the hell is anyone supposed to believe this isn't a set up. They were extortionists and this stupid judge wouldn't allow any evidence to be heard.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahjeong/2015/03/31/force-and-bridges/

This whole case stinks to high hell and it wouldn't be the 1st, 2nd, or 1000th time corrupt government agents set someone up.

4. LaSalleAve

https://news.vice.com/article/dea-a...silk-road-investigation?utm_source=vicenewsfb

DEA pleads guilty for extorting 700k in Bitcoin, and we are just supposed to believe their case against Ulbricht. None of this was presented at his trial or was allowed to be admitted in by this judge. This is astounding to me. They lock this dude up and throw away the key but all of their evidence is tainted and they are corrupt as fuck.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

DEA AGENTs....not the entire organization. The investigation continued after these two idiots resigned. The case against Ullbricht stands on it's own. Did he extort and money-launder? Did he send the text messages to obtain murder-for-hire? Those charges are still pending BTW. The story here is more about laying down with pigs only this time the pigs laid down with a dirty piece of shit. Now they stink, too.

And while you may be pissed off that the judge didn't allow certain evidence, those rules of law apply to everyone for our own protection. You can't just wish them away because you feel sorry for the internet drug pimp.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

These were the main 2 investigators. So any evidence they collected is suspect. I don't know what the guy did other than piss off the government because he made money selling drugs. Can't cut into the government's business. I love how you are so quick to pass judgment on someone when the charges brought against him are based on a ton of evidence collected by criminals.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Says who? That puts him in the same category, if nothing else.

He broke several laws. He attempted to solicit murder for hire. Why are you so quick to proclaim his innocence for any reason other than you both have the same point of view on drugs?

8. LaSalleAve

How do you know that? Has he been convicted of a murder for hire? One of the supposed people he tried to hire was one of these crooked agents. I'm about due process, you've already convicted him.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yea, well, neither was OJ.

So, if you hire a crook to murder someone, you didn't actually do it?

IM messages from Ullbricht's (Roberts) computer:

"Roberts: if this was the wild west, and it kinda is, you’d get hung just for stealing a horse
    Cimon: Yeah, pretty much. At what point in time is that the response. We’re playing with big money with serious people, and that’s the world they live in.
    Cimon: I sure as fuck don’t want nob to try it, fuck up, and then have our laundry aired.
    Roberts: unfortunately, there isn’t much inbetween
    Cimon: I know a guy, and he knows a guy who knows a guy, that gets things done.
    Roberts: in a perfect world, we’d get the money back, plus our expenses and maybe beat him up or something
    Roberts: but that’s not realistic
    Cimon: Nope. And it ain’t the money, fuck, it’s your fault, no one elses. Someday I’ll tell you a long story from a guy who explained to me why situations like this are always yer own fault.
    Roberts: so yea, it’s a good quesiton I’ve been thinking about the last 24 hours

Cimon: But he came at us from inside, put many folks at risk, and facing a serious felony he’s def the kind of guy that would seel what little he knows for a break with the Feebs

About three minutes later, Cimon messages Roberts again:

Cimon: So, you’ve had your time to think. You’re sitting in the big chair, and you need to make a decision. Now, really, things could move fast in the future.
    Roberts: I would have no problem wasting this guy
    Cimon: Well ok then, I’ll take care of it."

"In the end, Cimon doesn’t “take care of it.” Instead, Roberts himself approaches Nob, who is actually an undercover DEA agent, to kill Green for an $80,000 payment. “It is, [what I want] after i had a chance to think on it,” Roberts writes to Nob. “Never killed a man or had one killed before, but it is the right move in this case.”

As a result of that decision, the Baltimore task force investigating Silk Road faked Green’s death, sending Roberts a spoofed photo of the body. Eventually Roberts would pay to have five more people murdered, including a potential blackmailer, a scammer and his three housemates"

10. LaSalleAve

And how do you know this is legit? Just because the government says so?