Lets talk UK.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Feb 20, 2006.

1. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

We were to suppose to kill Auburn too. You can never overlook anyone on the schedule when you have Brady coaching. We seem to play at the level of the competition of our opponents. In college baskeyball it is all about who gets hot and who you match up the best with. As for right now, I cant see anyone on LSU who can stop Morris or Rondo. Rondo gets hot and this will be Tubby's ticket to the dance. Remember Vandy and UK are at must wins, LSU is just the team to knock off for both.

2. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

:hihi:

3. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

I don't know why, but it seems like everyone is in love with Rondo. He really isn't as good as hyped up to be. He doesn't have a jump shot and every time I see him play he turns the ball over way too much. UK should be much more concerned with Mitchell than we should be with Rondo IMO.

4. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

First off, I'll agree that it's probably wrong to dismiss the 'Dores as an easy win at Memorial Gym. While they're not playing so hot, they always test the Tigers b/c of different match ups (many of their guys can hit the 3 and stretch the defense), outside shooting, and a hostile home crowd. I think that Vandy's RPI also merits some note, b/c they're probably still considered middle of the pack in the SEC and potentially a bubble team if all is aligned and they win all of their SEC games. Bottomline is every team playing the Tigers is looking to make a case for the NCAAs by beating the Tigers. The case for the Tigers is that Vandy's lost Mario Moore and doesn't really have any low post game to speak of.

So, my thought here is, if I'm a realist. I actually am thinking that we may lose to Vandy on the road, which motivates us to play well at home and we WIN against Kentucky. All in all, that's actually what's best for the team's resume anyway (obviously not as good as winning both... but I'm being the cautious fan). You need to protect home and steal a few on the road. I do believe that the LSU (real) fans will be pumped up for the UK game, the game's a sellout, and the Tigers have something to prove against the 'Cats. The home court has been good to us, too, given I think we have a 15 game SEC win streak going at home.

As for how we play Kentucky, I do believe we win, although let's remember as "bad" as everyone thinks Kentucky is this year, they're still playing 3 McD All Americans and they will be hungry to build their NCAA resume. No way this is a given for the Tigers, and obviously, I hate to say it, but Brady Bashers seem to be pinning their hopes for another Brady "embarassing" loss on Kentucky. I think if Davis and Thomas have a good game (home court will help), they can neutralize Morris by making him have to focus a lot on d. And, Tasmin and Temple have to play well to keep Sparks and Rondo under control. As usual, Tubby will run a lot of guys at LSU, and so depth becomes a concern. However, I'm hoping that our young tigers and D.Mitch see the chance to pin one on UK at home... something they haven't done in ages, and play lights out. Brady and staff need to think through their defensive schemes and need to work the rotation right, and I hope that they think through some interesting wrinkles to throw at the 'Cats. I think if there's any one key to the game, it will be the play of D.Mitch, how effective can he be offensively against UK pressure d, and the turnovers of Temple and Tasmin, and what they can do to help relieve that pressure on D.Mitch.

Obviously still hoping and thinking 2 wins this week is realistic. But, I'm happy with 3-1 over the last 4 games.

:geauxtige

5. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

well said. Dmitch is the key.