Letter from Joe Alleva

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Oct 1, 2010.

1. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I really do not like Joe Alleva, but I agree with that letter 100%.

3. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

I disagree. What does showing your displeasure by booing really accomplish? It does more to hurt the program and makes our fan base look ridiculous.

The fact that you think paying taxes and paying for a ticket gives you the right to boo is moronic.....If you want to disapprove how your tax dollars are being spent, go to a highway construction site and boo all the workers standing around leaning on shovels.

3 people like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

exactly, it's complete narcissism. Not only does it make the person booing look stupid, it makes the entire fan base look stupid.

5. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I don't care how many dollars you spend. If you are that petty take your money, send it to Ole Miss, and cheer for them. Then I can boo you when I see you walking around.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

To add, many have pointed out the true dark days of LSU football. These are not them.

People are acting like spoiled kids.

7. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Fans booing a 4-0 team is real odd to me anyway.

I understand being frustrated about the offense, but Alleva is right. Tiger Stadium should be loud and intimidating.

Our team should play its best at home.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

You wanna make a statement as a fan that the AD will hear loud and clear? Make it with your wallet.

9. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

It is better to be quiet and let people assume you are wise,
    then to open your mouth and prove otherwise!

BOOING=IGNORANCE

Geaux Tigers!

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i'm playing devil's advocate here (i reallllly do enjoy that role,) but anyway: no one was booing jefferson or any other player. i remember the play when the boos were the loudest, and it was directed toward a VERY predictable running play, and as soon as the players went into formation, the fans started booing because it was a pitiful display of game planning, play calling and execution, not to mention VERY, VERY predictable. EVERYONE knew it was was coming -- i'm certain the other team did as well. it was pitiful, and at that point, i (along with many others) realized that LSU wasn't going to win a game this season that it's not predicted to win. not until the coaches change. i don't care that jefferson isn't capable of running 80% of the playbook, anything could have been called in that situation, but what do the coaches do?

i think that's the same way the fans at the game felt. many had been drinking ALL day, it WAS a late kick-off (people seem to forget.) i'm not making excuses, and i wouldn't have booed the play calling, because the players cannot differentiate, but i can see why it happened. the coaches should too instead of using it as an excuse to hide behind. they weren't booing jefferson, they were booing the way he was being utilized and they will continue to until something changes. again, i'm not saying i agree.

1 person likes this.