Letter from Joe Alleva

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

This is probably just funny to me, but LSUFAN910 who started this thread also states his location as "Houma (I hate this town)," and I got this image of a disgruntled person booing the "You are Entering Houma" sign. If you hate your town and don't like what's going on with LSU football, maybe it's time to make a change, life's short man....

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

houma is better than a LOT of places in not only Louisiana, but the country. it's a very nice community. i have no qualms at all with the houma-thibodaux area. there are TONS of worse places to live. at least there is tons of commercial development in the area. every time you drive down MLK or corporate or enterprise something new is going up.

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Embarrassing that he felt he had to write that letter.

4. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Great point, wish I would have thought of it.

5. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I agree with Alleva on this one all the way.

As far as showing your disapproval of a 4-0 team that is ranked tenth and has moved up from as low as 21 with a highly touted defense, let's think about this. You complain of the cost of the game, but you still go. Despite all of last year and one home game this year, the booing and disapproving fans still continue to go to the games. Miles is still there. The overall situation, according to these fans, is still horrible. But your booing has not accomplished anything.

If you have a problem with the team and seek real, immediate changes, sell your tickets or don't buy them. Cease to buy LSU merchandise. If money is not coming in, they will make the changes yu want. However, since no one is doing this, and the stadium is still full on game day, it makes me believe that even the most negative of fans don't see it as bad as they say they do.

6. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

All the letter does is tarnish LSU a little more by bringing more light to an ugly occurrence committed by a minority of fans.

Does anyone think that those fans that booed are going to read this and think, "Thanks Joe. You've shown me the error of my ways" Just a poor PR move by LSU / Alleva that won't make a bit of difference.

It's great to be preached to by the guy who sold the student-athletes at his former school up the river without any evidence.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That's also a good point, but this has already been brought to light. I was listening to the Scott Van Pelt show yesterday and he did an entire segment on LSU fans, and took emails and texts from LSU fans, and it was the same ole same. We already look like idiots nationally.

8. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I'll just say this....

Any fan, or group of fans, that are booing a team that is a) winning that particular game, b) currently undefeated and ranked #10 and c) has a defense this good..... they don't look very bright.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

9. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

It makes it more unpleasant because the AD wrote a public letter? Nope.

Liquored-up fans that are pissed off couldn't care less.

10. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Booing a college team is spoiled, petulant and bratty behavior. It's a shame that grown men act this way when the kids they live vicariously through don't satisfy their every wish.

These kids are busting their ass, and whether or not you like the coaches, they are busting some hump too. Don't for one second think you are entitled to criticize what they do that demonstratively, that disrespectfully, just because you pay for a ticket.

They are paying with their livelihoods, their free time, and their blood pressure. The least you could do is show some appreciation.

2 people like this.