Letter from Joe Alleva

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Oct 1, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I agree completely. Paying lip service to it from that high up only gives it a stage. Most people with public positions know better.

It would be comparable to a politician responding to a negative letter to the editor about them. Obama tends to do this on occasion and indirectly- makes him look weak/out of control by doing so.

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i'll admit i wasn't at the game, but i don't think it was coincidental that the boos started raining down at the EXACT same time i wanted to throw my remote at the TV. i'm sure there were idiots yelling specifically at jefferson, but you couldn't tell that from the TV... and probably not from the field either. i think it's pathetic to "boo," but i can see why it was done. that's all i meant by it.

3. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

There was a quote a few weeks ago about a Georgia game where Georgia scored and the crowd got louder and LSU won. I apologize because it's before my time so I don't know dates or whether it was true or not. However, the common opinion on the thread was that it fired up the offense enough to win the game.

Anyone that can help would be appreciated.

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I could hear quite a number of students booing Jefferson even during the starting lineup announcement. But it was definitely at its loudest during the asinine playcalling, so while some may have been booing Jefferson, the majority seemed to be booing Crowton's option garbage.

5. LSUTiga

Unfortunately there had to be some targeted towards him because I didn't hear any after the series when J. Lee went 3 & out...or maybe I just didn't hear it.

6. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I don't know the quote you are talking about but I remember in 2003 after Georgia scored on a long run, the crowd got loud as hell before kickoff. Georgia kicked off, we got good field position, Mauck rolled out and while getting hit, threw his famous pass to Skyler Green for the win and ultimately the National Championship.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

You got the epicureans, stoics, skeptics. You got the Optimist, the pessimist, realist.

To boo or not to boo, sounds like more of the same.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'll buy that.

9. LSUTiga

Well at least I haven't seen paper bags on our heads at TS. :wave:

10. LSUTiga

Boy your "worthy opponent" sure lasted long. Or maybe he went mix himself a drink since it is Friday afternoon.