Letter from Skip

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kenny Kerth, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Kenny Kerth

Kenny Kerth Founding Member

Did anyone else get a letter from Skip letting them know that we now need to make sure Tiger Stadium is a pleasant experience for all visiting teams and fans. I don't know about anyone else but the very last thing on my mind has been if the South Carolina fans enjoyed themselves or not.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I did, and he is right, and no most of the posts I read from USC fans were very negative. Now you must take some with grain of salt since there were some sour grapes. Also, sometime people think "tiger Bait" is like being shot at. However when I was leaving the stadium on several occasions I had to tell a few LSU fans to shut the hell up. I ignore all the Auburn posts, because they are flat out stupid. But USC fans are good people, and I was a bit bummed about the experience some of them had before and after the game.

To be honest, we must continue to improve our stadium and game day atmosphere. i am not talking about Tiger Bait, I am talking about the drunken cussing that you see ( rarely) not only for our kids, but for the decency of our opposing fans. Show them a great time, then let our team kick the tar out of theirs, then show them a good time again. lets remember we are all on the same team if you take to heart what we all sing before the game. Not to sound like a Pansy here. But I want Opposing fans to talk about how great tiger stadium is. Sure I want them to leave dissapointed, but on the score board.

I love LSU fans, I am very proud of LSU, but even I sometimes get upset with a small group of them who ruin it for everyone. The opposing fans have them as well, so it is not just us, but I cannot help in fixing them. Auburn is hopeless, but I can fix our fans (At least do my part to)

3. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Personally I have always enjoyed my trips to Tiger Stadium whether I go as a Bama fan or with my LSU friends with an extra ticket to waste on me. I enjoy the tailgating, the fans and the game atmosphere. I guess I sit in a different section than KFO. lol

4. TexasTigers

Well Bayou, I also get reports from people as yourself of a great time. So I need to point out it is a select few. Also I do believe LSU fans are a bit more rambuncous then most. At Texas it is like a wine and cheese party. So most people (Aside from Bama, Georgia and those kinds) are a bit suprised at the magnitude and excitement of it all. LSU fans Are for the most part very very loud and crazy. 99% of us in a good way, even that sets some people back. But I have seen a few of us, (As well as opposing fans) make asses of themselves. And the sad part is we ALL get lumped in with the streakers, and idiots we have even if they are about 200 of them out of 94,000
    I guess there is little I can do, but make sure I do my part to be a good fan, and make sure the opposing teams I encounter have a great time.
    Also many of the storied are simply false. Auburn has some great ones about people coming into their section and pouring urine on them. That is my favorite, and our Buddy KFO claiming we were throwing full cans of beer at his children. Every one knows NO LSU fan would throw a full can of beer !!!

5. Kenny Kerth

Kenny Kerth Founding Member

I just don't understand sending the letter to season ticket holders. If someone is doing something in the stadium that they shouldn't be doing then throw them out, If they are doing something illegal then arrest them but don't tell me that we want to maintain the reputation of Tiger Stadium as "one of the most feared places in college football..." but don't intimidate the group of guests seated in the southeast corner. Has he ever worn purple and gold and walked through the grove at ole miss? That was the only time I have ever had "ladies" in eveningwear through drinks on me and my family, but I didn't write a letter crying about it. Those are the things that make winning on the road even more sweet. Punish the guilty! don't write a blanket letter to everyone. Truely my ten year old son asked me today if he really can't yell Tiger Bait at the other team anymore. Thanks Skip is this the new LSU?

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

7. TexasTigers

I guess I am Chuck, you guys are misunderstanding me. I am not saying dont yell Tiger Bait, or Go to Hell ole miss or make more noise then any other school.

But throwing drinks, or cussing, What good is that ?? What the hell is the point. I dont think Skip said we cannot yell Tiger Bait,

he is just getting a bit tired of apologizing to opposing AD's because their Grandmother was cussed at.

Again, it is such a small group, but most true SEC fans will take TigerBait, and all the noise as "That is LSU football" and realize that is what it means to be in Death Valley. Most of them will go home and say, Jezz I wish our place was that loud and our fans where that rabid.
    I just hope they dont go, well my 6 year old daughter was called a whore becuase she wore a USC shirt (Not that that happened)

My point is simple, be loud, be obnoxious, aggrevate everyone on the opposing team. Just keep some f'ing perspective.

I guess I am the minority here.

8. chuck

chuck Founding Member

well . not the full minority . .

I hear ya!

Be loud, have a blast . .just show class . . .

9. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I agree with TT

even though I find chuck annoying sometimes, and I go to his board and run my mouth.....but I would like to see us not rush the field after every win against a top 25 team....lets start acting like we field a NC caliber team and act like we have won the big games before...and in the past I have been gulity or cursing other teams fans...but that was when I was in my Teens..now I have grown up and discovered there is more in life...lets show the SEC and the Nation that we are not bad fans as everyone in the SEC says we are.....invite them to have a beer with you and offer a plate of food....but you can still yell Tigerbait at them if you wish....maybe they will even yell roll tide right back at you and then laugh it off...

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

No, you arent. Im tired of being labeled worst in the SEC. I dont even make it to that many games, but I take it personally. If I were there with an RV, I would yell "Tiger Bait" at the top of my lungs just prior to offering food and spirits. However, lots of students live on campus, and they dont have RVs setup for tailgaiting. They just get shit faced on the couch and then stumble to the stadium to yell at everybody. Its a social event for a lot of people, especialy the Greeks. I dont know how alumni and non-student fans can influence the behavior of a crowd like that.