LF returning kickoffs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Robidoux87, Nov 28, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

See OBJ, TM7, PP7, Chad Jones, etc. But I do agree, we have others that could do the job.

LSUTiga and TigerTap like this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What concerns me with LF returning the kickoffs is more times than not he gets absolutely trucked. He has been just blown up quite a few times and makes me wonder why he can't see it on a return but does well off tackle.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What about Gage or Voorhies?

LSUDad likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Returning kicks is not about pure speed, it is about the right cuts and the right angles and requires a guy with good vision and some moves. Fournette is fast and powerful and prefers to punish the tackler rather than evading him. He's good at getting back to the 25 and a few yards extra, which is fine, but he's not breaking any big ones. It's time to finds a more effective punt and kick returner for next year and save Fournette's body for the offense.

BRETT, LSUDad and HalloweenRun like this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I agree, he's consistent, but doesn't give much of a big play potential at that position. The roster is littered with athletes, there should be other options available.

BRETT and LSUDad like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Littered with athletes whose loss from an injury incurred returning a kick wouldn't be nearly as devastating as the loss of Fournette. If LF had a gift for kick returning like Patrick Peterson or Tyrann Mathieu it would be a no brainer but there are much better options on the roster than LF

BRETT, LSUDad and HalloweenRun like this.
  7. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

I think we should let someone else return the kicks. He is a great tailback, but from what I've observed, an average return man. I'd rather have him fresh for 1st and 10. Plus, it exposes him to injury, because of the speed of some of those collisions on kick returns.

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

There are other flashier players that could/should return. You can have a tackle return to the 20, but to go all the way, you need speed, moves, etc.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

There are many opinions on this topic & I have to admit I've changed my mind several times reading this thread.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

LF isnt game fast or shifty. I was not shocked he was caught from behind. Im more shocked at the 2 times he sorta pulled away from a defender.

Not a good choice for kick returner.

yeah les figured that one out by by petersons 3rd year. prolly didnt know the play book.