Libby Said Bush OK'd Leaks

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by red55, Apr 7, 2006.

1. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Oops, says Fitzgerald. Libby didn't really say that. I goofed.

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

YAWN.... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

3. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Good timing. After the '06 elections, but well enough ahead of the '08 Presidential election for the voting public to have time to forget. Score one for the republican party.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I wanna take a leak too. :shock:

On this thread. lol :lol:

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i was thinking the same thing. red loses a lot of credibility with this stuff. its so rex-esque it makes one really question his sensibility. well at least for me it does.

6. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Here's the correct answer from the writer of the first story. Makes you mad huh?

Novak also claimed that investigators know who leaked the information, although he did not say how they know. "The question is, does Mr. Fitzgerald know who the source was?" Novak asked. "Of course. He's known for years who the first source is. If he knows the source, why didn't he indict him? Because no crime was committed."

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-novak20.html

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I ain't so sure. Figure a year for the trial to drag out and any political skeletons and scandals will be front-page news as the 2008 campaigns kick off. If more indictments come along, it will snowball through the elections.

Can't wait for any trial testimony to come out, LC? Look, nobody knows what the prosecutor knows or intends because grand jury testimony is secret. You're citing Novak, a media personality, since when is his opinion the end of the story? He sure wants the story to go away because he's the leakee and he doesn't want to testify.

There are no defense attorneys in a Grand Jury investigation, there will be in the Libby trial and more people will be put under oath. Even if they evade prosecution on technicalities, the political fallout will be immense.

I posted a published political news article in a political forum for discussion. Maybe you are in the wrong forum. Have I said anything rexishly rude or inflammatory? No.

Do you have anything to add to the discussion or are you just making a lame attempt to discredit me? Who really cares what you think about an anonymous internet character anyway?

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Red, I'm disappointed in you!
    I figured you would've had Bush outta office by now!

9. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I think what you are missing because you are blinded by hate, is no one was indicted for a LEAK! You can't even figure this out. Novak was the original writer, he knows who told him Red. He knows that the original leaker committed no crime. I can wait for the whole thing to come out.....and no one will be convicted of anything. You and REX need to rent a room.

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Funny you accuse him of being 'blinded by hate,' but can predetermine the outcome of this case without 'letting the whole thing come out.'