Lindy's preseason out

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, May 26, 2004.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

And he's got us sixth in the nation, winning the West but not the conference, and going to the Fiesta Bowl to play West Virginia. One thing ticked me off....had an article on how to fix the BCS, which included a shot of Tressel and the Buckeyes holding up the Sears trophy in 2003. So didn't he have a shot of our guys this year?

2. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Think of it this way: The article is about "fixing the BCS". That implies that the system is broken. The picture of OSU, then, would imply that their BCS championship was flawed and tarnished. Wouldn't you rather have the OSU championship impugned in that manner rather than the LSU championship?

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Is this "out" in the "I found this on a local newsstand" out or a "it's available now via mail order, but I haven't seen it in a local bookstore" out?

If so, I'm heading over to Border's on the way home. I'm DYING for some football news.

4. mctiger

I bought it in a grocery store. I'd say that's "out!"

5. mctiger

True, but they mentioned LSU's title as an example of one that was won due to the "flaws" in the system, not the OSU title. Actually, I think if they wanted to illustrate the flaws, they should have shown pictures of Pete Carrol and the AP voters.

6. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

I was just speaking of the people who will glance over the article. I'd rather have some other team associated with the BCS problems than my own.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Gotta Agree with Wesfau to an extent however having waited my entier life to see LSU hoist the National Title, any chance its ignored sort of pisses me off.

8. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

I can completely understand that.....

I'm still waiting.....

:bncry:

9. mtntiger

mtntiger Freshman

All I have to say is the 2004 season is right around the corner. Once the rules are set, LSU will abide by them.

The good news is, right now at least, everyone seems to agree that the Orange Bowl in Miami is the site of the national championship game.

Check back with me in mid-November to see what thoughts li'l Petey and the troyboys have on the subject.

God, how I hope and pray that we can get in that game and play those guys. This whole co-champs thing has just gone on for too stinkin' long.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

They've pretty much got a walk into the NC. We have some work to do.