Line is out... LSU is a -1pt favorite vs Florida

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by www.six3.us, Oct 1, 2006.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I feel very differently. Florida's offense will cause problems for our D. I trust Bo to have them ready, though. I'd happily take a 1 point win out of the Swamp.

2. geauxpetty

geauxpetty Founding Member

My morning paper (The Birmingham Snewz) is showing Floridas as a 2 point favorite.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

some SEC statistics:

Passing Offense: LSU #3 (267 yards per game)
    Passing Defense: Florida #10 (198 yards per game)

Rushing Offense: LSU #5 (144 yards per game)
    Rushing Defense: Florida #1 (50 yards per game)

Total Offense: Florida #1 (438 yards per game)
    Total Defense: LSU #1 (193 yards per game)

---

We are going to be passing the football against Florida, gentlemen. Florida will be passing, too. Somehow I don't see a low-scoring defensive struggle as at Auburn.

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

I agree, red. The "over" looks more attractive than the spread.

Not sure I agree with this logic, certainly no more than JR peeks back at Flynn/Perriloux. JMO, but i will give meyer credit for sticking with leak and only bringing tebow in the game into low-risk situations.

i don't expect tebow to play much against LSU. For one thing, Tebow won't get the easy runs against LSU's D that he has enjoyed against lesser teams. for another, it's just too risky in such a big conference matchup.

Just a hunch, but LSU wins this one going-away. I hope UF brings the battered & bruised remnants in to J-H the following weekend. Thanks in advance.:thumb:

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Take the under on this one.

Florida will stop the LSU running attack, much the same as Auburn did. This will pose problems as we will be forced to go to the air and rely on our OC to come up with adjustments. He does not fare well in this department. LSU's D will definitely take care of business against the Gators.

LSU 13, Florida 10

6. Billy_C

Billy_C Freshman

"Forcing us" to go to the air is a bit of a misnomer.. It will probably be our game plan going into the game to throw the ball and this the strength of our offense. Both teams will be passing a lot, stopping the clock and thus extending the game. I'm don't see Florida holding us to one touchdown.

LSU 24 Florida 14.

7. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

LSU is getting a lot of love from my main AU board. The best quote I have seen so far is:

i'm no expert, but i see lsu terrorizing uf this weekend. wde

I still think your running game will get going this weekend. I didn't think it would against MSU, thus my TFL picks, but you will get the 130+ needed to keep the gators honest. Your big, bad receivers will slant and streak all day on these little CB\DB\S guys:

http://www.gatorzone.com/football/bios.php?year=2006&order_by=position

Go to the site and sort by position, many of these guys are in the 5'8" 5' 9"

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Its not the same thing at all. JR is not looking over his shoulder. The only time he comes out of the game is after it is already over and the other guys come in to get reps. Tebow will go into the game when they are trailing to try to create a spark. Leak has MUCH more to look back at.

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

+1. I was genuinely concerned about Auburn, but the Gators are a straw man waiting to be blown down. This might be the weakest the East has been in a very long time, and we'll see this when LSU rolls in Fla field.

Especially with Wynn out, Fla won't top 60 yds rushing. It's going to be fun.

LSU 34

Fla 17

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

actual line opens then they let their so-called wiseguys make the correction before it goes public.

line opened where everyone figured, UF -2 1/2 for homefield then wiseguys moved it 5 points to -2 1/2 in favor of LSU. thats lots of cash on the tigers to swing a line 5 pts. my head tells me LSU but its in the swamp where those auburn-like officials may reside. dont look for the number to ever stay on 3 if it gets there.