Linebacker Linebacker Linebacker

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 23, 2015.

1. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Fowler is committed and has the grades/scores. Don't see aTm being an option. Article indicated aTm as a threat for Divinity.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He's probably talking about Dontavious Jackson, Fowler is already an LSU commit. He could also be talking about Jeffery McCulloch, but I think he's a Texas lean not A&M.

3. TwistedTiger

And Divinity is in state, from what I read I get the feeling he's LSU's to lose.

4. TwistedTiger

The way I hear it Chavis wasn't a bad recruiter as much as he was a lazy recruiter. Wasn't much on getting off campus to recruit. One of the problems is Steele and Peveto are relative unknowns to most recruits IMO. Another is that LSU isn't known for producing a bunch of NFL LB's. Last but not least La doesn't produce a large amount of SEC LBs making the staff go out of state. It may take a couple years for Steele to make a big impact at LB, if he can.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I've heard Steele was a fantastic recruiter. It is rather strange LA doesn't produce top notch lb talent isn't it.

6. TwistedTiger

It's weird, some states produce a lot of talent at several positions but almost none at others. I've heard good and bad about Steele's recruiting, I guess I'll have to wait and see.

7. LaSalleAve

So what about position changing? Is there anyone who LSU could look at switching positions? Sione Teuhema maybe? Yes I know I'm all over this dude, but he seems like 6-4 251 seems perfect. Beckwith is 6-2 254.

8. asignupe99

Beckwith also runs in the low 4.5 range. Teuhema doesn't. That could work out if a 3-4 switch is in our future because theoretically he would only be responsible for a portion of the field. I doubt he could cover sideline to sideline like Beckwith...or any really good MLB can. Bama has been able to get by with slightly slower guys playing their ILB spots and even in the pros the 3-4 ILBs can be successful without being fast. Then to, if a 3-4 switch did occur Teuhema might be an OLB option with his pass rush abilities. Hopefully he works harder. Deondre Clark is another one.

9. LaSalleAve

Do you see that as an option? I think we all agree LSU is in trouble at this position. And what about outside? How is Devin Voorhies handling the change from safety to linebacker, and Donnie Alexander? I hear he has a really high football IQ.

10. asignupe99

Man I really don't know if a 3-4 is the answer without a big body in the middle of that line. Your LBers can be all world but it won't matter if guards and centers get to the second level tossing them around like rag dolls.