Linebackers for 08 class

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by K_Jay, Oct 2, 2007.

1. gely33

gely33 Here I Stand

hey guys there is one thing you all should know ARTHUR BROWN is the real deal im talking come in an start right now good...go see his youtube highlight reels........if im les myles im sending everything we got at him an the kid from alabama julio jones maybe even aq duffle bag of cash an boudain hahahahahahahahhahahaha.....just kidding bout the boudain......seriously there are 2 cant miss recurits this year an those are the 2 both can play right now they have the talent and the size 2 get it done .

2. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

If there is any year we could use a JUCO LB its this year. But I think we will be fine. We are always good on defense no matter who we lose.

3. philter

philter Founding Member

Katoa is an animal...very little experience playing football but watch this guy play he is unreal.

Riley and Cutrera look more than capable of producing at an SEC level, and Sheppard has looked good with limited action. I like who we have and who we have coming in (theriot is a freak too if we keep him on D).

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Charles Scott would fill in at LBer nicely and see more time on the field doing it...

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

No way do you move McCray, one of your top play-makers in the defensive backfield, and put him in a position he's NEVER played before! If NOTHING else, McCray will be counted on to get even MORE playing time at the safety position next year with Steltz moving on.

We're FINE at linebacker. Riley is contributing this season. Cutrera has been a solid backup for two seasons now, and Sheppard will be ready to step up and get some quality playing time as well.

Plus, we have a couple of guys already committed in this recruiting class as linebackers.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

How do you see him getting more playing time at LB over RB, where Hester is leaving and Keiland and Scott will be the primary ball carriers for next season.

I'll propose the same Devil's Advocate question to you, as I did a poster above:
    WHY would you want to take a player, who's already a solid contributor at a position in which a player ahead of him (in this case, Hester) is leaving after this year, and move him to the other side of the ball???

7. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Brandon Beal said this was his best visit yet...but takes his last visit to USC this week.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Because he'd be filling a hole that could possibly be very thin next year, much like Barksdale did this year. No doubt that he would have seen the field had he stayed at DT, but he moved across the line to ORT to help the team fill a hole.

Scott played a lot of LBer at JB-Hodge and was as good there as he was at RB. The guy is definitely built for it and can lay a lick. I don't think that he would have any problems making such a transition if his heart was in it.

If Scott stays at RB, no doubt that he a Williams would get the bulk of the carries, but RB is much deeper than LB. Murphy and/or RJ Jackson (who is still listed as a RB) could step in at RB nicely.

Of course Clemons, Shepard, Ridley or Riley could step right in for Sanders and Highsmith. (No worries about Beckwith. Cutrera has that spot filled as soon as Darry leaves.)

9. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

Yes, but Barksdale was a freshman. BIG difference. We will need Scott at RB next year. And Murphy really hasnt looked impressive when running the ball. I have not seen him live up to the hype when he has been in.

10. tboy

tboy Founding Member

That would leave us with only one power back--Keiland. Miles may want to keep Scott at RB because of his power and willingness to hit the hole hard and run between the tackles, especially with the loss of Hester. Add in the fact that we haven't yet recieved a verbal from a back this year... An emerging power back to look for may be Stephen Ridley if we use him at tailback and not FB exclusively.