Link on William Jefferson Klinton

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I was looking around for some books on the former boob, Oh I mean President and here's a very interesting link that I've found.
    ;)

http://www.dropbears.com/b/broughsbooks/history/clinton.htm

1 paragraph
    I decided I hated Clinton a few days after 18 of my brother soldiers were slaughtered in Mogadishu. It was the day the first load of wounded Rangers came back to the states. I dont expect Presidents to be standing tall every moment wounded troops come back. But I do expect they would have enough decency not to tout their health care initiatives by visiting wounded gang bangers on such a day (as Clinton did). I read this book a few years after that incident. Still hate Clinton and her husband......just not...

1 more
    The most vocal critics of Bill Clinton's presidency tend to be conservatives--think, for example, of William J. Bennett's The Death of Outrage--but there are those on the Left who are fed up with Clinton as well. Among them is journalist Christopher Hitchens (most prominently associated with The Nation and Vanity Fair), who has produced a slim but vehement volume outlining how "Clinton's private vileness meshes exactly with his brutal and opportunistic public style." No One Left to Lie To is the story of a man who took the Democratic presidential nomination and, having achieved office, began enacting welfare reform and anticrime legislation that surpassed the ambitions of all but the most ideologically loyal Republicans--and routinely plundered the GOP platform for other policy ideas as well.

Hitchens is particularly damning on Clinton's tendency to resort to divisive racial politics when it suits his purposes, as when, in the course of the 1992 presidential campaign, he refused to lift a finger to save a mentally retarded African American from state execution so he could appear tough on crime, then shortly afterwards hijacked a Rainbow Coalition conference to criticize rap artist Sister Souljah for the benefit of the attendant press. When he needs the black vote, though, Clinton will allow himself to be trumpeted as the most racially sensitive president in American history--if not, in Toni Morrison's memorably ludicrous phrase, "our first black president." Furthermore, the man who once connived his way out of the draft has become a chief executive so willing to use military air strikes as a means of foreign policy that, in the author's view, the United States is now a "potential banana republic."

Of course, there is plenty of vitriol directed at Clinton's conduct with regard to Monica Lewinsky (the woman with whom he admitted, under duress, to having had an "inappropriate relationship" consisting of multiple incidences of oral sex) and Kathleen Willey (who alleges that the leader of the free world merely fondled her breasts and forced her to touch--albeit shielded under some layers of clothing--his tumescent penis). In Hitchens's view, however, the sexual controversies are only the most prominent aspect of Clinton's shameful character, a moral condition that must be considered in toto. The book is short, with an argument that runs only about a hundred pages, but that's still more than enough room for Hitchens to serve up a comprehensive, blistering indictment suffused throughout by his dark wit. He sums up the failure of those fixated on Clinton's adultery to fully investigate his cronyism and financial shenanigans: "It's not the lipstick traces, stupid," Hitchens warns, "it's the Revlon Connection."

2. JD

JD Founding Member

The right wing sex police are at it again.

Tell me, does your outrage apply to the Republican HOuse leadership?

Surely you won't vote for DAvid Vitter for Senate will you?

3. Sourdoughman

"but there are those on the Left who are fed up with Clinton as well. Among them is journalist Christopher Hitchens" (most prominently associated with The Nation and Vanity Fair)

I hardly think he's right wing....

Try again!:D

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I love the way you and your ilk cry this whenever even you realize that you can't defend this indefensible scoundrel. It's truly all you've got.

Reread the article JD. It says that WJC's sexual mores are merely a prominent symptom of this man's moral dry rot.

5. Sourdoughman

I see Cottonbowl66 can't touch this

hehe.....:D

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This was the first man ever voted to be impeached by the House of Representatives.

Just think about that for a little while.

Had the Senate done their job and voted the same way then, who knows maybe Gore would have had Osama killed when we had him in our crosshairs. But then again, what am I thinking, he is a pansy-assed democrat too. Sorry, I lost focus for just a second.