Link to Advocate about Coach Fran

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallastigers, Nov 19, 2002.

1. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I cannot believe this guy believed an internet message board rumor. I read the discussions below, but Fran(or Coach Gump) has got to get into the 21st century. What about Beard saying something to Saban - talk about an idiot. The funny thing is even though those words did not come from Saban there was still a lot of truth to them.

Advocate

2. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

Ya know I have been posting on this board for a while now and I have never shown anything but respect for LSU and your coach.
    I think this thing is making a mountain out of a mole hill. We don't know what was said. Saban didn't say Fran just came out there
    raising cane. Alot of bama fans came to this board after the game to tell the LSU fans how classy the prayers were for Kenny and how nobody was treated badly on their visit to Death Valley.
    And this is what we get in return? Coach Fran and Coach Saban are the only ones that know what was said in that exchange so lets don't make matters worse by speaking for them!

3. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

Spounds in the article like Saban had words for Beard for being classless enough to dance across the Tiger, not Beard saying anything to Saban. As for CDF, sounds like Saban wanted to clear the air as badly as he did.

You guys are looking for trouble here and that is pretty sad. These guys are competitors and sometimes the blood gets bioling about little things. Sounds like this might be one of them.

I still believe we have the two best and classiest coaches in the SEC and that they are probably handling this much better than any of us are...

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I really thought Franchione had more sense to believe that a scene from the movie "Meatballs" was a coach Saban speech. I also thought he had more style than to use an admitted hoax as locker room material. I was wrong on both counts. I no longer have a shred of respect for the man.

But getting in Sabans face after the game and allowing his players to do the same was the ultimate evidence that this guy is a complete jerk. Over an internet hoax that no newspaper would print because it would be slander! Franchione is a colossal dumbass.

Nick responded with style, but you could tell he was angry. Too bad we probably won't get to play Alabama next year. I'd like to hear the speech Saban would have used before that game.

But there is just NO WAY Bama will get through five years of probation without another infraction surfacing. I've changed my mind abouth the death penalty, too. I hope the NCAA slams them with everything they have.

I still respect the classy Bama posters on this board. Guys, you better stay out of this one. It could get ugly.

5. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Folks, we have a site called Crimson Tradition. It is a premium site that costs $120 per year to belong to. The money goes to our athletic building program to upgrade our facilities. On that site, they had coach Sabans REAL post game speech NOT that dumb internet speech. So if you yahoos want to believe this garbage then go ahead. I am losing respect for you too. Dennis Franchione KNOWS it wasn't real, you can listen to it on the website. Take a step back and breath deeply. The press is having a field day with this stirring the pot. It's not true. They shook hands after the game. I have tried to be civil here and not act like the Barners did last week. It seems like you can't be gracious in defeat. I haven't rubbed your noses in it but some of you keep on and on with your cheap shots and bull shit.

To the good and sane Tiger fans, I apologize for my rant and to the rest of you, get some help. You are reminding me of Old Myth fans. :confused:

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Yeah the picture above looks like Fran is ready to shake hands. Unless that picture has been electronicly altered.

7. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

The picture is straight from the Advocate's website. I do not think they would alter it. Is it true that channel nine showed him pointing his finger at Saban with a similar expression on his face? Saban showed class by not getting into it to much, but with the picture (and video??) and by Saban saying he could not believe anybody would believe that story I think you can tell the nature of their conversation.

8. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

I don't want to get into details, but they..

have some outstanding issues involving the recruiting process. I think that was far more likely the cause than the bogus story, because I know for a fact that Fran was aware that it was fake. I don't think they're forming a mutual admiration society any time soon.

9. VP-TIGER

VP-TIGER Freshman

All I know is Francis showed how classless he is. They whipped our ass and then he starts pointing his finger at Saben like he was one of his players. All over something on the internet. That dumbass running back to. GO back to Ala. and enjoy your probation for the next 10 years.

10. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

It was ove recruiting...

one specific instance for which LSU self-imposed a two year ban from North Alabama, and also some general, non-illegal, but offensive tactics. Sorry, that's it.