Link to Advocate about Coach Fran

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallastigers, Nov 19, 2002.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It was the hoax!

Saban stated that Franchione was upset about the internet hoax, read the quote. I don't blame him, Saban was upset too, just not at fault.

But refusing to shake hands was an calculated insult to Nick and to LSU. This incident just makes Nick look better at Franchiones expense. It was not a smart move.

2. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

I read the Advocate article over and over trying to be objective.
    When asked if he thought Coach Fran believed the rumor, Saban said "I really don't know, but some of them did". Don't you think if Fran was really running off at the mouth, Coach Saban would know that he did believe it. Usually if you think a rumor is true and your mad about it you make your opinion known! Coach Saban couldn't base an opinion on whether or not Fran believed it. That tells me that coach Fran never said a whole lot one way or the other. I think if someone came up to me believing that a rumor was true and getting on me about it I could tell whether or not they believed it. I honestly think that something was said between them about the rumor, but I don't think it was as hostile as some are making it out to be. Evidently, it wasn't that bad because neither coach has even mentioned it. You don't see them going back and forth about it, and they could to if they wanted and we'd know about it because it would be all over the media. I think what ever they said to each other is between them and they must have settled it or it would still be going on...especially in the media. Its just still going on between the fans and thats not right. Like I said before you cannot discuss a situation when ALL the facts are unknown. JMHO. I will still be rooting for you on Saturday. Beat the Rebs!

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

This discussion is a bit silly, really.

There's only one way for we Tigers to "make it better" whatever else happened besides the drubbing we took from Alabama: play with more heart and desire, practice with more heart and desire, live, breathe, eat football for the rest of your college football career and REMEMBER what it feels like to be blown out at home in front of a national TV audience.

Let the HUMILIATION and DEGRADATION motivate you to new heights of fanatical effort on the football field. Burn into your brain your own personal motto: I WOULD RATHER BE BURNED TO DEATH THAN TO GET BEAT ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD.

Only then will you have cultivated the ability to

FIGHT WITH THE HEART OF A TIGER

And only then will you truly be a LSU Tiger football player.

4. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

Jean your post are priceless! I love reading them!