List your top 5 favorite places in the country

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Cajun Sensation, Mar 29, 2011.

1. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

NYC is great, but I wouldn't want to live there for more than a year or so. Just enough to get to know the city.
    Miami is cool, but I couldn't afford to live there. If I could I'm sure it would be great.
    Central Florida is great, I think I could live there my whole life. The weather is fantastic and it just makes getting through the day easier.
    Upstate NY wouldn't make my list. 5 months of the year it is great but winter is just a big pain in the ass. The good part is the food though.
    I'm excluding BR/NO because I'm here now.

The only places left for me to really go in the northeast are DC, Philly, Montreal, and Detroit. I heard Montreal is a kick ass city though and that it was the best party city in Canada. Out west I wanna go to Vegas, then Cali either SF or LA, Texas, and Missouri(KC/St. Louis).

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

You haven't made it to Texas, yet?

3. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Not yet. I don't have a car so I'm kinda just hanging around BR. Once I get some money saved I can rent one now though because I'm 21.

LSU also plans to send some buses to the Oregon game so I'll try to get in on that.

4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

ellendale country club
    my backyard
    Big Al's Seafood
    Little Blue Hammock
    between my wife's legs

1 person likes this.
  5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

1) Tiger Stadium (yeah I'm a homer, so what)
    2) Northwestern Wyoming (Between Cody and Cooke City, MT)
    3) West Carolina/Smoky Mountains
    4) Florida Gulf Coast (Ft. Walton/Destin/Panama City)
    5) Rocky Mountains

Funny someone born and raised in Louisiana would love the mountains so much.. lol

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I lived in Austin and traveled a lot to just about all the major cities, and I would say Austin is one of the best places to live for me.

Fort Lauderdale is up there as well because of the weather, but the population is the oldest you'll find anywhere, whereas Austin is the youngest (29 years of age on average).

Here would be my top 5 places to live:

1. Austin
    2. San Francisco
    3. Fort Lauderdale/Miami
    4. New York City
    5. Washington DC

7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Austin seems to have made the list from just about anyone who's been/lived there.

Love that place.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ditto!!

9. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

1. Uptown New Orleans
    2. LSU Campus Area
    3. Lake Travis/Lake Austin Area of Austin
    4. Portland, OR
    5. NYC

I've lived in Austin and it's a really great place to live but two places I enjoy being more is Uptown NOLA and being on campus at LSU.

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Hey, any of you fellow former Austinites ever go to the Congress Avenue bridge downtown and watch the bats blacken the sky at dusk?

It is one of the most amazing things that you'll ever see in your lifetime, I guarantee it. It's something that you'll never forget.

They should start doing it again soon, if they haven't made it back from Mexico already.

For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, literally MILLIONS of bats fly out from under the bridge at sundown every evening to feed on insects. It is awesome.

There is another bridge over in Round Rock that they fly out from under, too.....but it's not as many as the one on Congress Avenue downtown.

Also, going out to Hill Country and watching the sunset with a cocktail from Oasis is another experience that I highly recommend.

...oh, and catch a live show out at The Backyard over in Bee Caves, TX.

Oh, and get hammered on 6th street. Hundreds of hot chicks from UT get drunk out there and it's a good time to be had by all.

Ok, that's all.