List your top 5 HC wish list

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 10, 2011.

1. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Dan Mullen would fit our recent pattern of picking a head coach from a second fiddle state school. (Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Mississippi State)

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I'll go ahead and play the race card... what would a black HC in the south do for an SEC team?

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well, unfortunately they haven't fared too well. I can think of only 2, Joker and Croom.

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Dunno, none of them have really proved anything to really qualify being given the keys to the LSU program. I would hope we go with more proven coaches first.

5. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I like your list!:geaux:

6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

It's not so much that he can win those few ranked games a year. It's that his teams are extremely well-coached, don't make mistakes, and execute their plays. That translates anywhere because yes the schedule will be tougher, but if you know what you're doing and can get the players to execute it, you will succeed. That's why when you recruit coaches out of small schools you don't look only at their success but how the teams win.

What separates Boise State players from Idaho or Wyoming players? Nothing, they're all pretty much at the same talent level in the WAC and MWC and those types of conferences. It's the coaching that becomes evident when a team like Boise State can become a juggernaut with a guy with a noodle arm and Ian Johnson a couple years ago (look where he is now).

7. msully

msully Founding Member

Can only think of one I want

Les Miles

8. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I wonder if the fishnets are that highlighter yellow Oregon was wearing tonight and I wonder what part of the costume the duck feathers would be??? I bet each girl has to "make her play" in 12 seconds or less!!!:geaux:

9. MasonTiger

MasonTiger Freshman

Mike Leach? I know...NCAA violations hang over his head, but they were pretty minor and Craig James had more to do with him getting fired than anything. He might make a good HC with a decent DCoord.

10. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

Mike Leach is a loose cannon. I would not want him to represent my university.

GEAUX TIGERS