listen to game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kftiger, Sep 13, 2002.

1. kftiger

kftiger Freshman

i am going to be out of town for the game tom. and im sure it will not be on the radio were im going (texas). does anyone know how i could get the game on the internet. do i need to be a member somewhere? please help

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

WWL AM 870 carries the game as does KWKH in Shreveport. Both stations are 50K Watts clear channel. I think KWKH is 1130 on the dial.
    http://www.lsusports.net/ has a broadcast on the net.

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I go hunting in WEST Texas every November, and it always falls during one LSU game. So far I have been lucky and it has always been an away game so I haven't missed any home games.

I have never had any trouble picking up the game on WWL. I can't pick up WWL during the day, but at night (in my vehicle) it comes in clear as a bell.

4. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

LSUSPORTS.net does the internet broadcast...

...and you don't have to be a member. They usually start the broadcast about a half-hour before gametime.

Go to the "IT'S GAMEDAY" area on the site and find the "audio" link, and it'll stream through Windows Media.

Stick your computer speaker out of the window, turn it all the way up, sit on back porch, listen to Jim Hawthorne with friends. Works out pretty well.

5. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

You can listen to the game from LSUSports.net or possibly on Yahoo sports. Under yahoo sports, if it lists LSU VS. Miami(Ohio) and Miami(Ohio) shows up as a link then click on it at game time and you will be listening to the game from a Miami(Ohio) radio station. The down side to the latter is that their announcers are probably not that good.

6. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

WWL 870

I travel all over the country on Business and after Dark you can pick up WWL 870 all over the Country I am in Chattanooga Tenn at this Time and I pick up 870 everynight. I have Listened to 870 while Driving in Chicago Ill. and in Burlington, Co.

In Fact Pete Jenkins has said in interviews that he became a Tiger Fan in Georgia as a young man listening to LSU Football games on 870.

You will not be able to pick the game up till Dark WWL is on of the most powerful Radio Station in the USA.

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF

7. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

WWL...Long Range!

A friend of mine who formerly lived in Evergreen, CO used to drive up the side of Mount Evans, to about 10500 ft, where he could pick up WWL on his car radio to listen to games...

8. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

Back in the late 80s...

Iwas stationed at Albuquerque, New Mexico. I listened to a lot of LSU games on my car radio (boy, was I homesick). If the signal from KWKH (or sometimes WWL) was weak, I would drive up the side of Sandia Mountain(over 10000 ft.) and catch the game. I still vividly remember when Chris Jackson sank a jumper to beat Vandy at the buzzer.