Little Crock

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Purple Jungle, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

Yesterday, I brought my dad the videotapes of the LSU and Saints games while he was offshore. We decided to watch the end of the Arkansas game. We have a high definition tv, which gives a clearer picture.

We watched the winning extra point at least a dozen times and there is NO WAY that kick was good. We freeze-framed it when the ball (which was moving to the right) was exactly equal with the right post. Where was it? Two yards past the goalline, at most. By the time it crossed the crossbar, that ball was at least 10 feet wide. The guy that caught the ball was eight yards off the goalpost.

Other things we noticed...

On the 50-yard pass play to start the drive, Arkansas had trips to the right and an unbalanced line to the left, leaving only a tight end on the left side. What does LSU's defense do? They put three DB's to cover the 3 WR's on the right. Four LSU defenders were on the left side of the field, where there wasn't a SINGLE ARKANSAS RECEIVER. LSU rushed three on the line. That leaves Bradie James, who was dropping back to cover intermediate routes. Brilliant.

On the touchdown pass, Travis Daniels is the closest player to both the sideline and the receiver who caught the ball, who was 2 yards inside from him. Which direction is he facing? The sideline. He must've been responsible for the sheriff's deputy in the corner.

After getting hit for 50 yards and then almost giving up a touchdown on the next play, the clock stops with 17 seconds remaining. Saban neglects to use his final timeout to regroup the defense. When does he use the timeout? Just before the extra point. What was there to discuss then? Was there even a remote chance Arkansas would fake the kick?

After the game, I was just a bit in disbelief. After re-watching it, I'm straight pissed.

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Time Out

If the extra point was wide then the timeout may have been used wisely. Just because the officials refused to make the correct call....?
    Are you old enough to remeber the two point conversion, by Billy Cannon, at Tennessee?

3. GORDO

GORDO Founding Member

I would like to point out that LSU fans are still harping on this...

Since no matter what TV you use, the camera angle was the exact same, how do you know by depth where the ball was when it was over the right post, (which it never was since it supposedly veered left)? If it was a good 10 feet outside the uprights, I am sure that even a ref with cataracts that is standing directly underneath the goal would be able to call it no good. Hell the way that the ball was curving, if it had been 10 feet to the outside of the goalposts when it reached the uprights, it would have ended up almost in the corner of the stands.

You are forgetting that every person in the stadium, including your LSU faithful, knew that the PAT was good. Neither the players nor the coaches nor the fans in attendance from LSU argued that fact. The Hog fans that were right there and the Hog players both knew IMMEDIATELY that the PAT was good. Give it up. You lost fair and square. Quit bitching and moaning about how you were screwed.

You've already had one of your own list members post that on the screen pass for a TD there were THREE different downfield blockers holding AND a block in the back, and you don't hear Arkansas fans bitching about the refs missing that call, do you?

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Wide Right or Wide Left

After careful evaluation by NASA Scientists using satellite photos, computing the speed of the kickers foot, the speed of the ball using X,Y, & Z coordinates, accelleration, trajectory, point of contact, initial point of ball landing, they have determined that it doesn't make any difference. Arkansas is going to the SECC Game in Atlanta and LSU is going to a Bowl yet to be determined.

5. GORDO

GORDO Founding Member

Roygu is alright!

He has the right idea. Some others should take note. That's the best post I have seen yet.

6. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

GORDO this is a LSU site let us PI** and moan if we want to! If your that insecure I hear Ga is posting how they will kick hog butt so bad that thier tails will be coming out their noses! Thats where you need to defend your team, not here, we will say what we want to! By the way, the ARK touchdown on 4th and goal, CBS had a camera on both sidelines But decided NOT to show the replay from the RH side to prevent making the ref look bad, we heard this from one of the broadcast crew!

7. GORDO

GORDO Founding Member

UGA fans have right to talk smack...

Georgia stomped the Hogs, and they knew that they were going to stomp the Hogs. Why would I need to defend the Hogs against that? Unlike a lot of the LSU fans, I am pretty realistic. I don't have Razorback blinders on. The best talking is done on the field and on the scoreboard. The scoreboard at War Memorial said it all the day after Thanksgiving, and the scoreboard at the Georgia Dome last Saturday night said it all, as well. If we had beaten UGA by one point at the end of the game, and they had been griping about the refs and griping about flukes and trying to use tradition as a crutch for their lack of execution against an "inferior" team, then I would be saying the same thing to them as I am to you. I don't go to other team's boards and just blast them after we beat them. If I did, I would have been on the Ole Miss, Auburn, Mississippi State, South Carolina, South Florida, and Boise State boards before here. I just came on here to see what was going on, and I have read complaints and complaints about everything BUT the coaching and the team, so I responded.