Little Known Facts

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

At Baba Umer Durga, a Muslim shrine in India, babies are tossed off a 50 foot tower and caught in sheets held by men below..

2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

That is a way to only keep the agile and throw away less desirables.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Popeye had 4 identical quadruplet of nephews. Their names are Pipeye, Peepeye, Pupeye, & Poopeye. Despite becoming like their Uncle Popeye, they dislike spinach.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Which can kill a horse pretty quickly if not seen to by a vet. I was at a horse show this weekend and a competitor's horse was in obvious distress. The trainer I was there with knows her shit and got involved. Seems that the on-call vet for the show would not come out and this person/owner from Alabama had already called all of the local vets with no luck. Fortunately Lori knew a vet who doesn't practice anymore, but instead trains horses and happened to be at the show. Dude saved the horse's life.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

How?

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know if this is little known but last night Bryce Harper got on base 7 times and scored a run without ever having an official at bat. He walked 6 times and was hit by a pitch once.

7. KyleK

They run a tube down their gut and blow in it. This increases the pressure in their gut, causes air to come back up the tube. The vet smells this and from the different smells, can tell what is happening down there. This one had a blockage that he was able to correct w/ fluids and mineral oil to loosen the impaction.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Was his name McGyver?

9. KyleK

That's one of the diagnostic procedures the vets use tocheck for blockages and such. They also use the tube for administering the fluids and mineral oil.

Your vet will ask you detailed questions on the horse’s most recent behavior. Then the vet may sedate the horse. This will make the horse more comfortable and make it safer to perform more invasive diagnostics.

The veterinarian may then perform a rectal exam. This exam allows the vet to actually palpate the large colon of the horse to determine if any portions are overextended due to a buildup of gas or if a portion of the colon is twisted. The vet may also insert a nasogastric (NG) tube. This is a long plastic tube that is inserted through the horse’s nostril and down his esophagus into the stomach. This allows the vet to administer fluids directly into the stomach (such as water and electrolytes or mineral oil).

Occasionally, your vet may perform an abdominocentesis (belly tap) to collect and analyze fluid that has accumulated in the abdominal cavity of the horse.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Too little, too late? Abraham Lincoln established the Secret Service on the day he was assassinated.

GiantDuckFan likes this.