Little Known Facts

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Feb 27, 2014.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Or no ds. Gatsby.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Typo. I had it wrong and corrected it but it was wrong again when I clicked post.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Today is National Margarita Day.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

most fun I had when we went to Cozumel was the tequila factory tour....had some 12 year old that was smooth as a puppy’s belly

GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Adolf Hitler's nephew served in the U.S. Navy in World War II. William Patrick Hitler (March 1911 – July 1987) was a nephew of Adolf Hitler. He was born to Adolf's brother, Alois Hitler, Jr. and his first wife, Bridget Dowling, in Liverpool, England.

In January 1939, William left Germany and visited the United States with his mother on a lecture tour at the invitation of publisher William Randolph Hearst. He and his mother were stranded in the U.S. when World War II broke out. After making a special request to President Franklin D. Roosevelt, William was eventually cleared to join the U.S. Navy in 1944. At the time, he was living in Sunnyside, Queens in New York.

According to a story circulating after his enlistment, when he went to the draft office and introduced himself, the recruiting officer supposedly replied, "Glad to see you, Hitler. My name's Hess."

William Patrick Hitler served in the U.S. Navy during World War II as a Pharmacist's Mate (a designation later changed to Hospital Corpsman) until he was discharged in 1947. He was wounded in action during the war and awarded the Purple Heart. Later, William Hitler changed his surname to Stuart-Houston

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

[​IMG]

First displayed at the Paris Auto Salon in 1904, the fancy Rolls Royce shown here was then displayed at London's Olympia show where it would return and be sold 102 years later. This classy antique is not only an expensive pre-1905 automobile, but it is also the most expensive Rolls Royce ever bought, as recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Officially called a "veteran" car, this is the fourth Rolls Royce ever built. It is the oldest Rolls Royce that money can buy. It is basically a very unique motor car. Some innovative technology was used on this vehicle. It has a two-cylinder engine that packs the power of 10 horses under the hood. The 10 hp was a development of Henry Royce's first car, the Royce 10, of which he produced three prototypes in 1903. Twenty 10 hp cars were intended to be made; 16 were made by 1906.

7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

"It is the oldest Rolls Royce that money can buy",.. does that mean there are others in museums?

I enjoy this thread, BB, keep up the good work

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nyotaimori— often translated as "female body arrangement"—is the practice of eating sushi off a woman's naked body.

9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    mctiger and Bengal B like this.
  10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Wow I had to look that one up. That amazing.

GiantDuckFan likes this.