Little Known Facts

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I've never used iTunes so I'm free to do a dirty deed dirt cheap. If anybody could make an A bomber from an iPad it would be McGiver.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yuck, yuck, yuck. I get my midafternoon talk from Andrew Wilkow these days, also Newell on WWL. Limbaugh has fallen to 3rd choice.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

You see Kevin, power windows is the name of a decently popular rush album. Albums are these vinyl things which people played music. Music was this stuff before rap and Miley Cyrus. Cyrus the great was the ruler of the first Persian empire. King of Babylon. Babylon 5 is a shitty space show from the 90s that you probably grew up liking. So I'll stop there.

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

When I was in Korea, there was this pretty large fountain by the front gate to camp casey. In a many drunken stupors, we would arrange a hit squad armed with "Leggs" Eggs. Those eggs were used to sell women's stockings. We would all take those eggs (7-10 of them) and fill them with dawn soap. Strategically, we would either individually, or as a group, attack the fountain and mortar in them eggs that generated epic amounts of suds. 15 feet of suds in every direction. We killed in on that level 3 times in my 18 months there and never got caught. That's legends of comedy shit right there. A solid 2000 people are coming or going through that gate on a Friday night. Everyone laughs.

shane0911 and mctiger like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Good clean fun

6. mctiger

Marlon Brando was a notorious on-set practical joker. Its pretty well known that in the scene from The Godfather when he is carried up the stairs after coming home from the hospital, he stashed bricks under the sheets of the cot to make the actors carrying him work harder. My favorite, but lesser known, was from Guys and Dolls, when Brando and Frank Sinatra have a discussion while Sinatra is eating cheesecake, which he hated. Knowing this, Brando purposely flubbed take after take until Sinatra was so full, they had to stop shooting for the day. They came back the next day and nailed the scene on the first take.

7. mctiger

LKF in celebration of today - August 15, as the anniversary of the opening of Woodstock. If promoter Michael Lang had had his way, the final act of the festival would have been......Roy Rogers, singing Happy Trails. He declined the invitation. Others who declined invitations to perform include Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Simon and Garfunkel, and Jethro Tull.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    shane0911 likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I would have thought Dylan would have been there

9. mctiger

Could have been any reason why he said no. Chicago was invited, and wanted to go, but they had a schedule conflict. They may have been able to get out of it, but their manager did something that locked them into the previous booking. Turns out he did it to ensure that one of his other clients - Santana - would have a spot on the Woodstock card. I read this all on wikipedia, so it may be BS spread by Jimmy Pankow.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. mctiger

Alamo hero Jim Bowie was not, in fact, the inventor of the Bowie knife. It was invented by his brother Rezin after he was nearly killed in a knife fight.

Bengal B likes this.