Little Known Facts

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Feb 27, 2014.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

but will never have the answer to how can he get laid. i mean without going to vegas.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Homeless Mexicans hand out expensive whores business cards on the street in Vegas.

And cheap whores, too . . .

[​IMG]

tirk likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Today, May 11th, is National Root Canal Appreciation Day.

tirk likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

and just an fyi for the kid when he goes, its not $47 and its not going to be the girl pictured. although bachelor parties sometimes get good rates.

5. red55

The $47 special is leaning over and licking her lips. Truth in advertising.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Rocket Queen, one of my favorite GnR tunes ever, almost mid way through the track has a dub of a woman engaged in some, aw screw it, she is getting phucked. Those sounds are from Adriana Smith who at the time was Steven Adler's girlfriend (The drummer at the time) and Axl Rose getting busy on the floor of the recording studio. Steven wasn't present during the "recording" They (Axl and Slash) mic'd it up and added it to the track because Axl didn't like the recording the way it was and she did it "for the band"

A day or so later they all flew away to start the tour and left poor Adriana behind.

7. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I love that song! I also call bullshit and will have to go all red55 and demand some "evidence"

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Ask and ye shall receive starts at the 5:25 mark

tigerchick46 and titoabad1 like this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Many people think the classic comedy "Airplane" is a takeoff on the series of "Airport" disaster movies from the 70's. In fact, it is a spoof of a 1957 movie called "Zero Hour!" I know this because I'm watching it right now on TCM.....Airplane follows ZH!'s story faithfully and even recreates much of the dialogue.

10. red55

It's true. They robbed a few small items from Airport 1975 because disaster movies were the genre of the moment, but most of the plot is straight from Zero Hour! . . . which was another Paramount Picture so that they didn't need to get permission to spoof it.

The cleverest thing they did was to cast well-known dramatic actors like Robert Stack and Leslie Neilson who had never really done comedy before. They must have had a ball spoofing themselves. Neilson was so good that he was cast in nothing but spoofs after that and enjoyed a second career at it.