Little League World Series controversy

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by uscvball, Feb 12, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Wait until you see kids that SHOULD be on the squad left off for some other clutz because they opened up the checkbook. It will happen.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

My daughter has been a 2 sport athlete for almost 8 years, softball being one of the sports she played. There were definitely some ahole parents but for the most part, our rec league and All-Stars were run by great people and coaches. That's really the key I think. We stayed with the same coach for the last 4 years and it was an awesome experience. He never got paid a salary and he was just as invested in our girls as we were. I absolutely loved the families we played with. There were a few bad apples but you know the saying.

We finally came to a decision point this last December. School has been getting more demanding, charity league hours are part of the mix, and I told her that from every aspect, playing 2 travel sports was not possible. She had offers from really great club/travel teams from each sport. She hung up her softball cleats....for now. For her, it's not as big a deal, she sees her teammates at school. For me, I am wrecked. I've been the dugout mom to these girls for half of their adolescent lives. I know things about them that their parents don't know and I've seen parts of their personality that never gets air time anywhere else. :(

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Pretty healthy softball scene in GA, just sayin.

We have a tourney this weekend. No snow cones, of course. You get withdrawls, come on down. Leave the girls though, little man just started his 3rd black book. It's not even fair anymore. Like fish in a barrel. So he says...

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It's all about futbol now. I will be closer to your neck of the woods this weekend....Escondido and Oceanside for State and National Cup. Sno cones are strictly softball. Soccer doesn't have any food trucks.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Don't soccer fans get hungry?

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Best of luck to the players.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Strange, I know, but it's different. Sno cone trucks come to every softball tournament, it's almost a written rule. Soccer just does the snack shack thing or they leave the fields and drive somewhere. Parking spots just seem to open up on a regular basis. At softball tournaments, nobody ever leaves, especially if you actually get a parking spot.