little news item on prisoner abuse in Iraq

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mesquite tiger, May 6, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This whole story is so rediculous!

From the fallout of all of this you would've thought we tortured the poor bastards.
    All that happened to these people are a few nude photos.

I would love to see Nancy Poloci, Charles Wrangell, Ted Kennedy and any other radical democrats be captured by the enemy, they need a reality check.

Joseph Lieberman is the only one on the left making sense saying there isn't enough substance here for Rumsfeld to resign and that we shouldn't change secretary of defense in a time of war....

Radical democrats here this........
    On 9-11, 3,000 civilians were killed.
    ARABS flew 3 of our planes into buildings another landed in a crater in Pennsylvania.
    We should be the ones outraged along with the world but everyones outraged over some stupid nude pictures.
    These POWS should be happy they aren't Saddams prisoners...

I am embarrassed that our security is so piss poor in this country that these evil doers
    could come to this country and use our own technology against us.

If some of these people calling for Rumsfelds head was in charge of this country I think
    they would help terrorists kill more of us unknowingly...
    WE ARE AT WAR PEOPLE!

Maybe some of these POWS in these pictures are Al Quada, can someone show me the
    difference between Iraqi POWS and Al Quada POWS?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

OK, its bad that the much of the western world now loathes and mistrusts us. It's bad that the Pentagon is going to blister six national guardsmen when the blame goes a lot higher up. It's bad that this has further inflamed the Islamic world into jihad.

But the worst thing about all of this is that the US has prisoners in the hands of muslims right now, and are likely to have more in the future as this war goes on. They are going to be horribly mistreated and this abuse scandal will be used to justify it.

Every soldier in Iraq is a potential future prisoner. These intelligence officers and MP's let their fellow soldiers down big time by engaging in this silly sh!t.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I see. So with everything that's going on in the world, with all that the President of the United States has on his plate, Mr. Bush is supposed to be aware of the misdeeds of SIX American soldiers out of the 175,000 that are
    over there? You obviously subscribe to the Gerry DiNardo method of micromanagement.

No doubt, this is what you seem to be hoping for...

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Yeah, I mean, God forbid that these 6 should be held accountable for their own actions, right?

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, they should be blistered and severely. But also the company and battalion officers that were supposed to be supervising them are guilty of dereliction of duty at the very least. The general officers that ignored Red Cross warnings that abuse was happening didn't do their job either. Also the intelligence officers that asked the MPs to soften up the prisoners for interrogation exceeded their authority. And if they didn't . . . then whatever Pentagon officials that gave them that authority will end up being held accountable for Geneva Convention violations.

Congressmen are already calling for Rumsfeld's head for hiding the story. He's probably too far removed to be held accountable, but the military IS his responsibility. This scandal is going to get bigger before it is over and there will likley be a congressional investigation.

We didn't need this sh!t.

6. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

keep in mind...this is six soldiers we know about.

as for your other comment.......... :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D

7. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

i was home for lunch and caught the end of the Rumsfeld address to Congress. Apparently in the coming days we will possibly hear of the rape and murder of prisoners as well per NBC. They were quoting what Senator Graham said after leaving the chamber.

this is the only quote I found related to Graham today.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., predicted "the worst is yet to come" after Rumsfeld noted that "a lot more" photos and video existed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4855930/

looks like it will get worse before it gets better.

8. BB

BB Founding Member

To give you an idea of how lefty liberal and biased the media is think about this: how many major television networks were started in the last 30 years? How many were extraordinarily successfull almost immediately? The answer is ZERO - FoxNews took off from its inception because people were so tired of the slant and the crap being fed to them each and every time they turned around. Without FoxNews, I have no idea where people would get the story without a spin - even with minimal spin. I'm sure FoxNews is slanted more right than I pick up on, but it's actually digestable and it's not insulting IMO. They give me a story, some commentary and then they leave me to my ability to reason and think for myself....

9. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

We lucked out

This is a f***ing joke and a complete insult on the intellect of the American public. The actions of 6 soldiers are being called a "scandal" - I have never seen more hatred for any public figure, much less the President of the United States of America, than the liberal media's hatred for Bush. These people are foaming with absolute hatred and they will do anything neccessary to see him fail - they have become complete whores. Stop listening to these goons and stop being duped into listening to their spin on such isolated incidents. The lefty media has officially outdone even themselves. Donald Rumsfeld is now being asked to resign over this - the liberal media is actually succeeding in pushing their hidden agenda into more and more living rooms.

Thank goodness the system works so efficiently, and those 6 soldiers who are wholly responsible for this entire mess took photos every single time an Iraqi prisoner was abused.

10. BB

BB Founding Member

This is a great, typical liberal comment - par for the course. Great statement. You are trying to suggest something without saying anything with any substance. I'm sure you woke up this morning to discover that during wars prisoners get mistreated, right? How would you have kept this from happening and what is your solution now that it has occured?

Surprise me, jump out of your liberal shell and offer a solution...