little news item on prisoner abuse in Iraq

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mesquite tiger, May 6, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

WTF are you talking about? This is a thread about naked Iraqi prisoners. And if you feel the need to ignore me, please go right ahead. Your pomposity amuses me, but I can live without the jousting. You are relatively unarmed anyway.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I find it odd that you'd feign ignorance over your earlier comment on this thread.

Not to hijack it, but I also find it odd that someone who finds himself in some alleged "jousting" match, but I can assure you that I never took it that way. Just disagreed with you. Backed it up.

I find it amusing myself-you being so transparent in your attitude: Anyone who disagrees with me is beneath me in maturity, intellect, and physical and emotional development, which is exactly what angles your posts take.

I go after topics, you go after the aptitude of those who disagree with you on those topics. The reason, I don't know, other than perhaps your juvenile frustration over the thought that your words and quotes can't bend someone's opinion to match your own.

Just for the record, I've never thought for an INSTANT you are any more or less a person in comparison to me. Your ire and vitriol and assertions of personal grudges and denigrations based on mental faculties paints you in a position where it would be hard for you to say the same.

3. SabanFan

4. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I know its been stated in some of the post but I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Where is the outrage about the people who had to jump to thier deaths on 9-11 or burnt in the inferno. Joe citizen is all they were. We have footage of that but the press including fox won't show it cause they don't want to upset anybody towards the arab community. What a bunch of crap. Why not show the burnt victims hanging from the bridge day after day and have senate meeting on that nonsense. I have seen these naked terrorist so much it's pittyful.

Today I hear that even though the President did not view every photo or film that is on file because he had seen enough our wonderful senate said that they needed to view them all. What a bunch of perverts.

The only thing I regret is that more of the middle doesn't look like a landfill. Compliments of the USA :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po:

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Where is the outrage about civilians that are constantly attacked in Iraq?
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4899904/

Link for more civilians attacked and kidnapped.

I predict some of you yelling for war crimes might change your views when you find out just who is imprisoned in that Iraqi jail.
    You know how the news works, that will be the last thing we'll find out.
    I hope CBS gets fined and suffers because they were asked not to show photos and they did anyway and it has harmed the war effort somewhat in that country.
    Where is the broadcasting ethics in this country?
    Pretty sure it isn't boy scouts in that prison..

6. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

You people just don't get it do you? You want freedom but you want freedom for ONLY what you want. That's not freedom. You want freedom of the press but you don't like what the press reports so you want to repress it. That's not freedom. You want the freedom of the vote but you want only the candidate you support voted for. That's not freedom. You want freedom of speech and expression but you want freedom for only your views. That's not freedom.

Sourdough keeps bringing up that some of these prisoners may have been Al Qaeda and got what they deserved. Maybe they were but was there any kind of trial? Whatever happened to due process? Innocent until proven guilty? These are basic American values which we preach and are trying to impart to the rest of the world. And yet we ignore them. This is why America is hated. For our hypocrisy. Just like we refused to take part in the treaty that called for war crimes investigations. We want others to be held accountable but not ourselves.

We are AMERICA people! We are supposed to be the standard bearers of fairness and Democracy and justice and when something like this happens our enemies are going to exploit it to the fullest. And contrary to what many of you may think the American press is not the enemy. Are any of you so naive as to believe that if a Democrat were President that the American press would not be all over this as well? If you believe that then I have some nice oceanfront property in Iowa to sell you.

Yes it is true that American soldiers are giving candy and aid to Afghan and Iraqi children and I would say that is the case in the majority of the instances of contact. But unfortunately that is not what gets reported. And it doesn't matter what our news people report. What matters is what Al-Jazeera and other Arab news people report and the slant they put on things. We are (or should be) educated enough and have the benefit of freedom of opinion and thought to sort through these things. These people we are dealing with do not. They have been taught what to think for years and what they think is a deep mistrust of everything American or Western.

Do you people think this is the first attempt to bring Democracy to these people? The British and the French and the Italians have all tried before and failed. What the Hell makes any of you think we can succeed where they couldn't? These people are stuck in time warp ruled by religion and culture. They come over here to the US and even then cling to their old ways for the most part.

We preach Democracy yet we support one of the most repressive regimes in the area- the Saudis. Anybody looked at gas prices lately? They don't need us there to protect them anymore so they've kicked us out. So much for their appreciation.

G-Man writes as if the deaths of those four Americans don't mean anything to me. Of course they do. But what would render their deaths even more tragic (and useless) would be to see the bypassing of our time honored traditions and freedoms on which this country is based in seeking "justice" for them. Our constitution says "All men are created equal", not just Americans. If you believe that, and wish the Iraqis and others to practice it, then it must start here, with us, or our soldiers will truly be dying for nothing and we wil never have any chance of success.

7. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Video Seems to Show Beheading of American

CAIRO, Egypt - A video posted Tuesday on an Islamic militant Web site showed the beheading of an American civilian in Iraq (news - web sites), and said the execution was carried out by an al-Qaida affiliated group to avenge the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by American soldiers.

Continue

Boycott CBS!!!

8. SabanFan

The took their clothes off Mike. That's all they did. Quit acting like the "poor Iraqi insurgents" were tortured. It's attitudes like yours that got 757s flown into buildings full of innocent civilians.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

well, they say there was worse than just naked pile-ups. but for now everything i have seen is not bad at all. if it happened to me i would shrug it off and be glad i wasnt injured.

10. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Get real, because 7 soldiers out of 2.5 million military personnel abuse prisoners? Hardly! The reason America is hated is because America is demonized continuously in the press throughout the Middle East and Europe. Because in the Middle East the people are taught to hate America, Israel, and the West from cradle to grave. And what does likes or dislikes have to do with anything. To be honest, I could care less if they like us or not, but I do care if they respect us, and the way our previous administration appeased them in the past, it’s going to take awhile before we teach those barbarians to respect us.

Self-hatred is a bitch isn’t it!

First of all, liberals don’t feed on their own. Second, if Democrats were in power, the Taliban would still be oppressing women, OBL would only have a price on his head, and Saddam would still be thumbing his nose at America, while ripping off the oil for food program and bribing France, Russia, and China with lucrative oil contracts.

That’s exactly why we are fighting this war on terror, to free these people from that sort of oppression, and until those people are free, they will keep resorting to terrorism.

The only thing the colonialist British, French, and Italians did was turn the native peoples against each other so that they would be too preoccupied fighting each other to fight their occupiers. Study history, in practically every one of their former colonies, civil war broke out soon after each one of them departed.