little news item on prisoner abuse in Iraq

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mesquite tiger, May 6, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

With this new video of an American civilian being beheaded I hope we can regain a little perspective. This was in response to the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by American soldiers. Yet once again, it looks like we got the short end of the stick after such a massive media outrage. I guess we're even now, right? What a joke. The leader of the free world is all but forced to run around the globe making apologies for "war humiliation crimes" while the ENEMY continues to operate in a war mode - on video tape. Now the liberal media has even more to report on. Now, we will be told that Donald Rumsfeld is responsible for this beheading and that our government lost control of the war effort and pushed these people to absolute barbarianism. We are fighting complete barbarians and we are running around calling for resignations and international apologies. Do you think this would have happened in WWII? Can you imagine pictures of American soldiers humiliating (not harming) Japanese prisoners - would we have experienced so much outrage by the liberals? The answer is no.

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I'm sick of this.

I am truly beginning to believe that the only thing these people are going to understand is a series of mushroom clouds. Al Quaida can't strike or formulate a plan of attack if we vaporize them first.

I'll probably be crucified by fools like MiketheTiger69 for saying this, but I'll say it again: These people only THINK they know what "terror" is. Let's withdraw all troops and turn that area into a glowing sheet of glass w/ a 45 year half-life. THEN they'll know what terror really is. And
    the survivors WILL back off for fear of having it happen again.

Remember...no matter what the weak sisters in this country would have you
    believe,(MTT69, this is directed at YOU) WE DID NOT START THIS. God willing, however, we WILL finish it.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i watched this video of the beheading of nick berg. it is difficult to comprehend it. it is virtually unbearable to know that people like this even exist.

anyways, i can tell you where to see this horrible video, if you feel like you want to see it. i can understand that, because reality is reality, and in the interest of knowing the truth about the world, you might want to see. but really, things like this are so disturbing, they are beyond description.

4. BB

BB Founding Member

Where can we see it?

5. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

Please post a link..

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

7. BB

BB Founding Member

God help us...

That is the most sobering thing I have seen in a very long time.

8. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

:angry: I'm just glad my finger isn't on the trigger to launch the nukes right now... :angry:

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

And there are people crying about the little things we've done in these stupid
    prisons but I do understand its all about politics.
    The left is using this issue to attack this administration because Kerry stands for nothing and its all they can do to go after Bush.

I'm looking for an article that I heard about on the radio, some of these prisoners are the same that had thier way with Jessica Lynch and other troops when the war started, from what they were saying is they were
    being payed back and paybacks a bitch aint it!

If I was in charge ALL prisoners that harmed our people would be dead!

You say thats bad?
    Its better then sending them home to let them attack you another day on thier terms.

I don't want other Arab countries to like us, they wouldn't like us anyway.
    We did nothing to them before Sept 11 and they attacked the WTC in 93
    as well as overseas and Sept. 11 events. :angryfire

Mikethetiger,
    these people don't need a trial, the only person linked to sept 11 has been set free.
    Where are the victims rights??
    The terrorists have more rights than we do.

This is America and we can't do things the same way we've done them for years or another Sept 11 will happen.

Besides there is no justice system in Iraq, you could say the same thing about
    justice for our troops in Iraq that haven't been treated by the Geneva convention.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

They should give the troops medals for what they did and then turn around and reprimand them for not kicking them, disembowelling them, and leaving them for the ants to eat.