LLWS

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by uscvball, Aug 10, 2017.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Anyone watching? Right now on ESPN, Southern California is playing Hawaii. That SoCal team is from my neighborhood and most of the boys go to school with my son. Go Bobby and Joey!

Bengal B and kcal like this.
  2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

It's always cool when these teams are in the area. Knew half the kids from the sweet water team a couple back.

But I haven't really watched since that Chicago team got busted cheating. I was really all behind them and in the end, it just got shit on.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Its junk. They ruin those kids for greed. I never watch it.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Greed? Nah. I also know quite a few from the HB champions some years ago as they were friends/neighbors with my nephew. None of them will attend college and they've signed their MLB contracts but they have never been greedy and they still aren't.

I can't help but watch cause I've seen this kids grow up since Kinder. And I know several of the moms in the stands.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. shane0911

Thats cool. The greed is there you just dont see it. I dont know a single kid that played in that thing that is in the show today. Even that pitcher from the DR a while back that lied about his age. None of them ever amount to anything in the big leagues. Its a shame really.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

39 players have but statistically that is a very small number and most are not recent. Gary Sheffield played in the LLWS.

The boys playing at this point in the season are part of great teams, not necessarily just great individual players. It's not much different than the NFL. Lots of players who never made it to the final few games, bowls, etc.

They are no different BTW, than just about any other youth sport. Organizations build in layers of bullshit to extract money from parents with dollar signs in their eyes and kids who have a dream.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. shane0911

I get it, its just different for baseball. Unless you are a purist you wouldn't understand why its a sham.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Very few LLWS alum have made it to the show but it's amazing to watch the skill of these 11 and 12 year olds, especially in the infield ante the way some of the kids execute the double play.

The old kid from Dr was Danny Almonte

shane0911 likes this.